Friday, February 18, 2011

February 18, 2010 Thursday

7:46 am Me to Stacey: Perfect!
Not real sure what that is about.

8:33 am Me to Bev: How was the night? I know you are busy. Just had to ask. She never left my heart.
Bev: on our way to hospital
Me: great! Hope you got a good nights rest

9:50 am Me: How is it going? Are you at school or hospital?

10:41 am Kimberly Holmes: Call me when you get a second. Happy birthday to Parker!

12:04 Lindsey Wyatt: Just tried to call the house- please tell Parker I wish him a wonderful happy birthday!

12:57 am La: I was just thinking about u... i hope everyone is doing okay

1:03 carepages

t is day 14. I can't believe it has been 2 weeks.
It has been a very slow morning. Jenny is still coming off the anesthetics, because the liver is still minimally functioning.
Her numbers look good today and we continue to pray for complete healing.
A sonogram has been scheduled to look at her gallbladder to see if it is the source of a problem.

God’s goodness and favor continues to rain on us every day.

I’m not sure if Twila Paris is a member of this site, but she was contacted yesterday. A friend of Twila’s informed her of Jenny’s condition and that Jenny sang “How Beautiful” at a wedding. Twila wanted to pass on that she is praying.


2:08 Me to Stacey: I'm grabbing cake right now

2:21 Amy S: how has it been today?

3:75 Jessie: Hey girl have u heard anything today?
Me: I did go up a bit today and it was quiet. She looked a bit better I thought

5:53 pm Carepages

The Christmas carol describes the scene here well:

"All is calm; all is bright."

Father sits in the ICU waiting room for the 14th straight day. The journey has been brutal. He is doing a crossword puzzle. His sermon is finished and Lord willing, he'll get to take the pulpit for the first time in 3 weeks this Sunday.

A family friend sits quietly admiring the dedication of the father and typing away at his laptop.

This is a very different scene than the past 13 days.

It is a welcomed, holy moment.

A few thoughts in the middle of this holy moment...

In the middle of the storm, the Bizaillion and Ross family still praised the Lord...

They still believe that God is Mighty to Save...

They have been overwhelmed by God's faithfulness and everyone's goodness...

---

On a final note, if anyone is willing to donate some money towards 3 tickets on Southwest Airlines to fly family back home, email me and we'll make it happen. We need about $600.

---

Keep praying for Jenny. This has been a remarkable journey and we are not done.

I believe God has been so pleased with the response of His people to the suffering and pain of Jenny and her family. I'll close with the beautiful words from Isaiah 58:6-9. May we hear the "well done" of heaven daily as we serve.

"This is the kind of fast day I'm after:
to break the chains of injustice,
get rid of exploitation in the workplace,
free the oppressed,
cancel debts.
What I'm interested in seeing you do is:
sharing your food with the hungry,
inviting the homeless poor into your homes,
putting clothes on the shivering ill-clad,
being available to your own families.
Do this and the lights will turn on,
and your lives will turn around at once.
Your righteousness will pave your way.
The God of glory will secure your passage.
Then when you pray, God will answer.
You'll call out for help and I'll say, 'Here I am.'

You know, it was a quiet day. It was a strange day. It was my oldest child's birthday. We had postponed his party earlier in the month... we were all over the place. This night our great friends the Merriman's were staying with us and we all went to Rainforest Cafe for Parker's birthday. We were trying to make things as normal as possible. I'll leave you with the peptalk.

2 weeks my friend! 2 Weeks! You surely have shown so many just how
strong you are. I overheard a nurse today, that had you on that crazy
Monday, remember that Monday that almost turned all my hair silver, not gray, but silver? WELL, she was telling David that she hasn't seen you since then, but keeps up with you, and that ...in fact, THE entire hospital is keeping up with you. If anyone sees an ICU nurse, they ask for updates on YOU! I know, blotches. Just get over it. We need you to kick the pnemonia, KICK IT TO THE CURB! We need your liver to decide to work, and BOY I know 2 boys who can't wait to get you to exercise it!
YOU should have heard your brothers talking in the waiting room today about tickling you and chasing you around the house. They were so funny. They are SOOOO ready for you to get better. We all are. DID You tell your blood to circulate through your fingers? I am not sure you did. PLEASE! You can do it, tell the blood to CIRCULATE!

No comments: