Monday, July 31, 2006
Emaline and her friend Carter. He is already trying to make a move! Watch out!
Bath time is so much fun now that sister can sit up in her bath seat. Lots of splashing. And yes, that is a pool floatie in the back ground. Parker likes to pretend he swims in the bathtub.
Ethan and Parker in their "castle." Matthew was there too, but wasn't involved in this shot.
Doesn't she look Fabulous! SO happy. Aunt La La brought this outfit back for her from a trip. I usually put a head ornament on her when she wears blue, but it had disappeared by the time I got the camera out!
Wednesday, July 26, 2006
Thirteen Things I have done since Stacey has been in Colorado.
1. I left my 12 pack of Cokes in the cart at Target. Okay this actually happened before he left, but notable.
2. Got to snuggle with my #2 guy while watching a superhero movie. He normally isn't much of a snuggler, but tonight I soaked it all in. Maybe it was the drugs. Check out number 6.
3. Tried to explain to a very special person that it isn't right for you to wash off someone else's sidewalk chalk design just because you were tired of looking at it on THEIR driveway.
4. I tried to wash off our Crayola SideWalk paint from Saturday, it ain't coming off. It is stained. We will be borrowing a power washer because I actually made a 13 for a post with the paint and now it seems to be permanantly on my drive way. Oops. Sorry honey.
5. Went swimming.
6. Applied sunscreen horribly! If you know me, this happens a lot. I ALWAYS screw this part of swimming up. I have been known to leave an entire hand print on my back...funny how that happens. Today Parker was the person in subject...sorry man. Your arms look awful with those red stripes on them. You can see my fingers on the back of his arm though. I gave him some medicine to hopefully take some of the pain away.
7. I, being the coordinated person that I am, seemed to launch myself backward from a floatie into the air with arms and legs aswingin (a swinging). Let me walk you through this one. A sweet friend had this cute hot pink intertube thing. I pranced my self right down to the 3 foot drop off so that I could leap into the air and sweep the hot pink tube under me and float around like a cool mom. Only the float had a different idea. It seems my bottom is too large to fit into the hole, so instead of letting me rest in the floatie, it lauched me upside down and backwards only to be tossed around like a ragdoll. It must have been quite a sight due to the reaction I received when I came up from air and to take my bow. If a complete stranger can laugh out loud, it must have been funny. Don't worry, I was okay.
8. I went to eat dinner down the street with friends. So fun. Always a blast at your house.
9. Let Emaline take her first ride in the wagon. She did great.
10. Got caught up on Treasure Hunters and Project Runway.
11. Made a disaster of the house. Usually I clean. Not this time. I hope to get it cleaned up in a few hours before Stace gets home.
12. Cleaned strawberry milk shake from my beige carpet. You see. Parker didn't know that only mommy can push the straw up and down to help defrost the froze milk shake. (It may not help at all to push the straw up and down, but it made me feel like I was helping). You can probably see where this is going. He punched the entire bottom out of his cup, not just a hole, but the whole thing. And not just one stain, multiple ones as he brought it to me.
13. Didn't answer the door when someone knocked last night. It could have beens someone real nice bringing me sweet tea, but I don't think so. I hung out in the back until I thought they were gone. Admit it, you all have done this.
Love you, miss you, see you Stace! Next time I get to go! Really!
Don't ask why the cow, just liked it. Have a great Thursday Thirteen!
Tuesday, July 25, 2006
I tried to attach a picture...but blogger must be a vegetarian!
Sunday, July 23, 2006
Friday, July 21, 2006
Thursday, July 20, 2006
11. Dukes of Hazzard
12. Regis and Kelly
I got tired of posting pictures okay! First I had to find them...then I had to save them...then I had to upload them. So here they are. My 13. The picture with all the people in it is the cast from Project Runway. Love that show. It was great last night. Blossom...do you remember Blossom!? We used to have a family night of sorts with all boyfriends and girlfriend at my house and watch Blossom and Fresh Prince when I was in High School. Too funny. I love the southernness of Paula Deen and I like to watch Rachel Ray. I haven't cooked anything of hers though. And Treasure Hunters...although I don't know the kid, the blonde on the right is from Paris! My hometown. When I was home for Memorial Day, he was written up in the town paper. So cool. And don't get me started on Santa Barbara. My mom used to tape it during the day and we would all sit down and watch it together at night. I love Ed as I know I have stated many times before. ER when Clooney was on and Dr. Greene, and Benton. Those were the days. I never wanted to be Daisey Duke. I always wanted to be able to drive the car and slide across the hood and jump through the window. That is what you get when you have an older brother. Watch out Emaline!
Monday, July 17, 2006
Thank you baby for a wonderful 6 months. I love to see God in your eyes...what a miracle.
We went to Grapevine Botanical Gardens for her pictures. We were quite a sight. The grass was wet, so the back of my shorts looked like I had an accident. Too funny. Emaline loves being outside, so the trees moving kept her busy. Check out her pucker on the middle right. That is daddy's favorite. I have to agree! You may be asking what was Parker doing during this time, well, jumping on my back while I tried to take her picture, so I gave him a prize...COKE!
Friday, July 14, 2006
Thursday, July 13, 2006
13 Things I love about VBS!
1. Parker asking if we are going to bible school today...a term my grandmother uses.
2. Seeing adults act like kids.
3. Teaching the kids about Jesus and his birth.
4. To see creative juices flow from people you sometimes don't expect it.
5. Getting to work with incredible christian people, may of which read this blog!
6. Ice cream supper~and thank you JH for my homemade peach by request. INCREDIBLE!
7. Getting to know people better. This one I love due to the fact that you just can't form relationships during Sunday morning and Wednesday nights. I got to know many people this week with this avenue.
8. Getting to see the kids dress up and having their picture taken.
9. Seeing God glorified through servanthood.
10. I love working with my husband, through carpentry and craft! Thanks for all your hours and hard work!
11. Late nights. I usually hate them. I am usually one that likes to go to bed when the sun goes down, or used to. I have broken all habits and been such a late owl and kind of liked it.
12. Sonic Cokes. Thanks JB.
Monday, July 10, 2006
Doesn't this picture just make you smile!
My boys!This was taken after he slid down the big slide. We were so happy for him.
Gangsta baby. This was our attempt of not letting the fireworks scare the baby. This baby did just fine. Parker didn't like them at all. He kept climbing on me, saying 'don't like this show.' He still talks about it~mama, I don't like fireworks. Your right honey, you don't like them at all.
Sorry this post is SO late. Stacey had to take my pictures off of my camera onto his computer and email them to me. And, if you know me, it took 12 emails to get ALL my pictures to me. YIKES! I guess I took lots of pictures. VBS is in full swing. I can't wait to show you pictures. The kids are having so much fun!
Thursday, July 06, 2006
13 Things that make me go HUMMMM!
1. Why can't I get my pictures off of my camera?
2. Why did Blogger upload 2 pictures of Emaline?
3. How come when I try to do the word verification I usually have to retype it twice?
5. What do you do with a 5.75 month old who weighs 20 lbs and can't sit up on her own and has moved into a big girl carseat when you go shopping or out to eat?
6. Parker pretends to be a superhero by wearing my high heeled sandals.
8. These little bugs that have infested our home.
9. Baby shoes.
10. Bows. If I could get the pictures off of my camera, I would love to show you the bow that Emaline wore on the 4th. It was the entire size of her head. I am not a real bow person, but thought that she needed one on Tuesday. While eating dinner at a community outing, a lady tapped me on my shoulder to inform me that my daughter had pulled her bow over her eyes. I wonder how long she had been that way!
11.How did my cell phone end up in Parker's closet in his shoe?
12. How come spices are cheaper on the Mexican Food aisle than the baking aisle?
13. Why am I still awake!?