Friday, April 13, 2007

Look who I got to hug!

On Monday, I loaded the kids in the car and drove cross country to Longview, Texas. Stacey said lots of prayers for us or really for me since Emaline isn't a good rider. That girl slept almost 1.5 hours on the way there, and 2.5 on the way home! It was a great trip. Since the birth of my cousins, I have been itching to go. When Jayde went to heaven, I wanted to go even more. The Spencer family has been such a special part in my life. Knowing that Jaymie was hurting, and prayer was the only thing I could do (which was enough I know) I just wanted to hug her in person. Think of all the people who are praying for Jaymie, Kory, and Kanyon! All the people who have heard their story and can praise God for this miracle. Their faith is so strong!

Parker drew Kanyon a special picture. Once he saw that Jaymie's tongue was blue, Parker wanted his tongue to stick out. Jaymie is such a pro, she talked him into taking one picture with the tongue, and one picture without.

Right before we left, Gay (who took all these pictures, I left my camera in the car) snapped this one. I love Emaline's smile.

I know it was just a hug and some time together, but it meant the world to me. Parker keeps asking about cousin Jaymie and his cousin. Then I tell him, you mean Cousin Kanyon, and he replies, yep Cousin Kanyon. I love my family. I have the best cousins in the world. Some of which, have been there for me during really tough times in my life. Some of which planted many of my faith seeds. Some of which have been that Christian example. Some of which I look forward to their hugs every Thanksgiving.


I can't stop this blog without telling you a funny story. Sorry MIL, but I am ratting you out!

Today Parker was throwing legos across the living room. I asked him to stop. He threw some more and I got on to him, then Parker says this:
Mommy, when you go away, and Honey comes over, she will let me throw legos, okay?

After discussing this with MIL, she has never allowed him to throw legos in her presence, but we agree that he has the grandma thing figured out!

I took some great pictures of the hail from tonight. I will probably post them tomorrow. Stay dry!

3 comments:

Margaret K said...

I have been praying for your cousin. I can't even imagine what they have been through. I am glad you got to go for a visit.

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

We were in the middle of the tornado...I will blog sometime later about it-very scary time and very frustrating. I just got in from the wedding so I am headed for a nap. So glad to see that you got to be with Jaymie for a little while. I know you needed it as well as J-me

Love you couz

Jennifer said...

I'm so glad you were able to visit your family. I've been praying for their entire family and that sweet little boy!

The story of your MIL is too funny. It's hilarious to see what they get away with at grandparents house.