Saturday, June 17, 2006

Father's Day

I like Father's Day. It is great to reflect on special men in my life. Some of them aren't with me any more, but just as special. Let me start with my dad-
BOP as Parker calls him. A great Godly man with a keen sense of style. We had a very special relationship for many years. He has cried many tears with me. He has celebrated many life steps with me. I love you dad!
Stacey. A GREAT father! I love to watch him handle the kids. I look forward to watching him in the coming years as we grow in our faith and in our SKIN! Just kidding love. You and Parker have such a great connection, it makes me smile just thinking about it. And I can only imagine what it will be like when Emaline gets older and can wrap you around her finger. You are in trouble. Thank you for being such a great earthly father and being such a Godly example to the kids and me. I love you!
Pappa (Papaw)- My mom's dad. An incredible man. A tall, slender, nice looking man who wore a shirt, tie, slacks every day of his life, unless he was at his farm, then he had on starched wranglers and shirt. A service man, car king (could name any make and year), a great husband, and an incredible grandfather. He loved his work, and so did we. I was able to stay 2-3 months with my Pappa and Mamma every summer while I was in elementary school, and we looked forward to PAYDAY! He made the best grilled cheeses and sliced peaches. He lost a short battle with cancer in 1999. I miss him.
Daddy Harry~ my dad's dad. He died when I was very young and I don't have too many memories, but one I remember was his love of fishing. I remember pretending in his boat that was parked in his garage that we were just like him. He died of a heart attack on a fishing trip. I love to hear stories about him and his ranching.
Buddy (Jim or FIL (stacey's dad)-I love to see Jim being grandfather. He loves my kids, he loves his kids, and he loves his in laws. I am not sure he knows ( until now) how much I appreciate the love he has shown me.

Thank you God for the strength you have shown me in these men you have placed in my life. Thank you for allowing me to be loved by these men. Thank you for allowing me to honor them.

No comments: