Friday, March 30, 2007

Keep up the hark work CUZ!

My cousin is doing great today. He is breathing well, and taking his mother's milk through a tube. I am not sure I can explain how this experience has rocked my world. I think about it all day long. When I try to forget, I am shifted right back into it. It really makes you hold onto your babies tighter, kiss them more, tell everyone you love them and just how much you appreciate them. I am going to see my cousins next week. I can't wait to hug them and tell them ALL just how much they mean to me and what examples they have been to me. My cousin Marianne said it best on the cousins blog...she wished she could take away their burden for a moment...but God is already doing that for them. Well said.

I have been playing with my camera today. The kids and I had lots of intentional time together today...playdo, pancakes, pajamas, popcorn picnic (my new favorite thing), lots of P things. That was NOT intentional (today). At one point Parker said to take his picture so I did. Over and over as I played with different settings. These look great in black and white, which is what I thought I uploaded and I am too tired to redo it, so you get to see them in color!















I love the above picture, even if it makes Parker's head look like a balloon and you can see his superhero underwear. A picture of a picture...and it was taken a little over a year ago!
I will remember this picture for MONTHS maybe even years to come. It is the first authenic smile I have photographed of Parker in a long time with out him being silly, or using his JAZZ hands or something like that. I think I captured his spirit today and I LOVE IT!




3 comments:

Kristie Lee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristie Lee said...

Paige,
Can not begin to explain how much I agree with you. The first things I have done in the morning since the birth of these babies, is say a prayer and check the blog, then in the evening, same thing. I have prayed more, kissed my daughter more and cried more in the past few days than I have in years. The love that I feel for this family has really heightened the pain I feel for them at their loss. Even though I'm not a cousin, I loved Jaymie since BEFORE she was born :) Glad to find someone who feels the same way I do! Love ya!

Marianne said...

The picture of Parker is so precious. I know what it's like to want a picture and not be able to get it! David is so hard to photograph. Hope you are coming to Paris. Let me know. Want to hug you and yours.
Marianne