Thursday, March 08, 2007

What a week!

First, I must say a VERY late happy birthday to Stacey. I love you! It was last Saturday! I think he understands the delay, but let me explain to everyone else.


Saturday, on his birthday, I scheduled 2 photoshoots with his permission. I was whipped, but not as much as him since he was home alone with 2 kiddos. One who couldn't control her bowels!!! Emaline was having her usual reaction to her antibiotic (so we thought) so Stacey called his mom to come rescue Parker from the poop. That night we went to dinner with his family at Charlestons in Fort Worth. Parker didn't look so good and wasn't his normal self at dinner, and Emaline, well she couldn't sit down because her bottom was a war zone.


Sunday, we prepared for church as usual, did I say usual? Emaline and Parker had a morning bath, which is not the norm in our house, but the nurse had us putting her in baking soda bath 4 times a day. She pooped in their bath, so off to the shower with both kids. Clean up mode is in full effect. We get that little doll all dressed for church in her pink and black number and are loading the car when we notice....poop running down her tights. So we quickly get that cleaned up-and headed off to church. That antibiotic is really doing a number on her little system we were thinking. That is until Stacey got ready to board a plane to Colorado for 4 days when he was hit with a MAJOR bug. Sunday night my sister came to sleep over so that I could still go workout in the early morning~ that didn't happen because guess who else got the bug??? that would be me! I even called Stacey at 2:00 am and guess what, he was up too! So, to all of you at church and dinner and who else we exposed Emaline too, we are sorry. We thought it was her usual reaction, which it probably was with a bug on top of it.


Monday morning rolled around and Parker dear only wanted to be held~ hold you, hold you. Thank goodness La La was still asleep on the couch, an extra set of arms really helped. Then I took Parker's temp...102.something. We started on the Motrin/Tylenol switch off and lots of fluid. He was so lethargic. I called the doctor and told the nurse what was going on the Parker (he had also been complaining about his back hurting and his drainage was green) and they made an appointment for us. I got myself together ( I was still not back to 100%) and woke up Lauren and told her that she needed to listen for Emaline, I was going to wake up Parker from his nap and go straight to the appointment. When I went in to wake him up...we was burning up! We have one of those forehead thermometers that you just run over the forehead, so I ran to get it. Parker's temp read 105.2! Now, I know he was asleep on the pillow and it was warm in his room, but a 105 got this mom to moving, even if she wasn't feeling good. Thank goodness we don't live far from the doctor. I started giving him cool liquids and turned the car airconditioner on FULL BLAST! It turned out that both tubes had come out of his ears, and he has an ear infection. A lymphnode was swollen ( you could see it sticking out of his neck) and he was wheezing on the right side. He failed the flu test, and the UTI screen (these were done at the beginning of dr. visit) , so they wanted us to go in for a chest x-ray to rule out pneumonia, but we would have to wait until Tuesday because the place we needed to go was now closed. Home we went, after I stopped by Sonic (his favorite place he tells me) for him an icecream. Now I must go photography 13 homeschooled seniors for their senior pictures. YIKES! My mom came over to help La with the kids. I could have rescheduled, but I thought that would be a nightmare getting so may different schedules to work. The shoot went okay, the kids were great, I just know it wasn't my best work by FAR!


Tuesday: Stacey is feeling better in Colorado (YEAH), I am feeling better in Texas, but Parker isn't feeling better in his room. AND Emaline woke up in a bed of poop. This is continuing to happen even if I don't mention it. Parker is still having fever. We called in to preschool for a sub and to let them know Parker wouldn't be there. Ms. Jenny still kept Emaline for him, so that I could concentrate on Pman and take him for his xrays. I get all of Parker's meds ready for him to take...and he had a melt down. My child has ALWAYS taken medicine, rather well. Not today. I promised him everything. I even try to force it once, and he threw it back up. Nice. So, with passy in hand (I gave up) and fruit juice in the other I finally got him to take his medicine, 'just a little' as he would tell me. He did great at the xray place even if he did crawl into a chair while I was filling out paperwork and go to sleep :(. He was pretty emotional during the "picture taking" but was so brave I kept telling him. The fever continued, his back still hurt and occasionally his feet would too. The dr called and said no pneumonia, must be a viral thing. My mom came to stay the night so I could try to go work out in the morning.


Wednesday: I did go work out, and when I came home both kids were up! This is very unusual. Emaline had~ you guessed it~ pooped all over her bed, and Parker was up 'not feeling berry good' as he tells it. His fever is up again, around 102 now. We opted out of a playdate(ya think?) with friends and stayed home to nurse these kids back to health. Which hasn't happened yet, but DADDY CAME HOME! I was so happy to see him, even if I didn't look it. Remember I had been up since 4:40 am withOUT a nap since pretty girl Emaline didn't feel like an afternoon nap. Parker woke up from his afternoon nap still running fever. AND this is with the every 3 hour medicine dose. With Parker running fever, I called in anther day at preschool and went to bed early. However, Parker was up at 2:00am with fever.


Thursday: No fever this morning, YEAH! I am glad I called in a sub...Parker may now have the bug that me and Stacey had. That has yet to be confimed, but sure glad we aren't in preschool.


If you made it through that entire mess, you deserve to look at a few pictures:
My cousin Lyneil started a Tupperware business, so I offered to host a catalog party since she lives so far away! Look at all the good stuff I earned or got half price! What do i love the most...I think it will be the cake carriers, especially the cupcake option on the rectangle one. As you can see, I had to pull the Mickey Mouse popsicle things out of the freezer for the picture.
Does he look sick to you?

And...the queen of poop! I wish I would have kept track of how many times I changed her sheet or clothes! She has been in a great mood considering!

7 comments:

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

poor, poor paige! something is going around b/c I had the same sort of junk a few weeks back, and our friends who have 3 kids keep swapping it back and forth. Hopefully Thurday will be better...I will pray you get some relief today

Margaret K said...

Wow, that is terrible! So sorry you have all been so sick. 105 is scary. I think I would have called the paramedics.

Stacey Pearson said...

I am sure glad to be home. This was the most difficult trip i have been on since i was sick and all. Knowing my babies were sick made it worse. I wanted to help, but to far away. Getting home and seeing the kids reaction to seeing me was priceless! I love you babe and know that we are together through sickness and health, even if sickness is ruling right now. This too shall pass!

Amy C said...

That is terrible. I am so sorry! I have a sick one with a fever and lethargy today too. Not sure what is up with that yet? Hope you are all out enjoying the beautiful weather soon.

Sarah J. said...

I thought I'd comment now that you know I'm reading! Wow, it sounds like you have had a rough week!! I was wondering why I hadn't heard back from you, but obviously you have been busy. I hope everyone is feeling better soon.

Griffin is sick again today too. And Brooks and Emaline seem to have similar issues. I'm really ready for all this illness to be over!!

Beck Boys said...

I am so sorry!!! That is horrible. I hope you can get some rest this week. There is nothing worse than having sick kids and not being able to help them at all. I hope that are back up to Par soon. We will put you all on our prayer list. Happy Birthday Stacey.
The Beck's

Karl, Andrea, Kaden and Leland said...

My prayer for you and your family is a peaceful weekend with good health...bless your hearts.