Tuesday, March 04, 2008

"I don't like that song!"

Parker has now decided that he is scared of the dark. Not sure where this started, or why! This has caused him to have some sleepless nights. He already sleeps with a lamp on. I am not sure how to help him. We have discussed how Jesus is always with him. This morning when he entered my bed before 7:00 am I asked him to go back to his room, and he told me he didn't want to be alone. I suggested the Jesus thing, that didn't work. So I suggested that there were MANY horses and stuffed animals on his bed, but he told me they weren't real. HELP!

Stacey handles all night duties with the kids due to my inability to to go back to sleep after I wake up. Stacey can go back to sleep seconds after he wakes up. This brings me to Emaline...last night after Parker was taken back to his bed due to being scared...Emaline started screaming. SCreAMING! Stacey comes back to bed and I ask him what had happened...he said that she told him, " I don't like that song!" on her radio in her room that is on KLTY! That is what all the commotion was! She didn't like that song! Maybe we should try rap!

On another note....what type of detergent do you use? We use ALL Free and Clear due to sensitivities for me and E, but it is just not cutting it! We seem to always have grease type stains on our clothes, especially the kids. I do try to pretreat...and I know I could do better, but I have to think that it may be my detergent! Any guidance would be helpful.

9 comments:

Kimberly said...

My husband and daughter are Mr. & Miss Sensitive skin - and we use ERA. It has worked for them... I like the way it smells and it really does clean pretty well. I also think that "shout it out" works better than spray N wash - just in case you were wondering!

KH

Jodi said...

Funny that you say that because I too have issues with All F&C! Nothing seems to come out of our clothes. Plus, there seem to be some extra greasy spots sometimes that weren't there before I washed the clothes! I'll keep reading everyone's comments.

Crazy about your kiddos sleeping. Not sure what to do with that... we're not there yet. But I'll store away everyone else's advice. :) Good luck!

Stacia said...

Oh, I'm totally feeling your pain!!!! The night before last Hadley woke up once and Linden woke up twice in the middle of the night. All I could think is we are going to have a baby who is going to be waking up every 3 hours to eat and I'm sure the boys will not wake up right when she's waking up so I'm just going to be up all night long. Good news, is maaybe I'll be exhausted I'll be able to go back to sleep.

Hadley does really wake up fairly regularly crying in the middle of night for no apparent reason. We did have some moments when he was scared of the dark and we have the Veggie Tales video about being scared. We sing the song about God being bigger than the boogie man anytime he is scared and it does really help.

Regarding laundry, it's so not my thing. Wish I was better at it and could give good advice.

Kristen OQ said...

We use Tide Free, but my best kid and grease stain remover is just a dab of liquid dawn (a trick from a friend of ours that owned a dry cleaning business a long time ago). Seth and I are both allergy people and the dawn doesn't bother us a bit. I have yet to find a stain it won't remove. Hope that helps!

daughteroftheking said...

Glad to hear that whole thing is cleared up! On the issue with Parker, Faith was dealing with that and we taught her the scripture
God has not given me the spirit of fear but of power love and a sound mind.
We told her that when she is afraid she needs to speak this scripture. There are a lot of others that are great too. It really does help her and Katy.

martha crockett said...

Cute story a/b Alison when she was Parker's age and not wanting to be in her room alone. I told her Jesus was ALWAYS with her. To which she responded, "But right now, I want someone with skin on......
They do say the sweetest things at that age.

Margaret K said...

Wintree (yes, earth friendly but affordable) from Costco has done wonders for Nicholas, His skin is very, very sensitive. His red bumps on his legs have finally cleared up. We have a lot of grease stains, too. I will have to look into that and get back with you. I just figured we were being messy.

Margaret K said...

Oh, also, maybe try switching to nature sound machines instead of music? You have an awesome husband to get up with the kids. I guess that is why I take sleep meds so I can always go back to sleep! Maybe you cound let them sleep in the same room?

The Timberframer's Wife said...

Your snow pictures look so fun--y'all got a lot out there! Hey, oxiclean helps with the stains. I'm going to try the Dawn thing someone else wrote about. Y'all take care--hope you're feeling good these days.