Saturday, August 25, 2007

WOF

No, that isn't the sound a dog makes :), instead it is one of my favorite weekends of the year. I look forward to this weekend for 51 weeks. I think I even teared up at the end because I didn't want it to end. This was my 4th year to experience Women of Faith, and this year had the theme, Experience Freedom! THE spirit was moving throughout! I also don't like change, and you know what, they changed ALL of the worship team! HE IS GOOD ALL THE TIME just didn't sound the same. Patsy didn't let me down! A new favorite was Anita Renfro, a christian comedian. Lindsay and I even bought her DVD's if you want to buy them.

My weekend was extra special due to the women that I spent it with. My sweet friend Jami and her sister, Sandy (along with some family of theirs from Arkansas), came into town for the weekend! I miss Jami and Sandy! They moved to Texarkana months back...and I have MISSED seeing her belly grow! Rylee will be joining us in just a few weeks and I AM so excited for Jami! She will be an incredible mom.I am totally aware of this big green bar in the picture. Sorry.

Lindsay also was able to STAY ALMOST the entire time this year! Last year she had a NEW baby with her and caused her to leave early. We had great girl bonding time! Snuffers after 10:00 pm and bed time around 1:30 am...well, let's just say, I'm not 20 something anymore!
And as we sat down, I looked over the edge and saw a group wearing these shirts! SMALL WORLD! You see that little star on the bottom of the shirt...WELL, that is where my brother used to work before his new business venture! It isn't my home church and I had to ask them where in Paris their church was, but STILL!
Like I said before...Spirit was MOVING! I hope to share soon, but truly, I must head towards my bed!


3 comments:

Beck Boys said...

I am so glad that you got to go and had a good time. Those were my favorite two speakers as well. Everyone needs that kinda uplift form time to time.

Beth said...

Wow, sounds like y'all had a great time. I will be able to join y'all next year.

The Timberframer's Wife said...

I haven't been blogging much lately, so I had a lot to catch up on. So glad your mom is doing better! I loved your broccoli story. Anyway, y'all take care! Love, Robyn