Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Oh Lord, our Lord

how excellent is your name! This song is in my head. I am not sure of its direct meaning yet.

I received a call today around 3:00 that went like this:

Your mom is in the hospital.

My mom went to work (at a hospital) this morning around 6:30. About 11:00 she wasn't feeling so great so she going outside for some air. She saw one of her friends (a coworker) coming in, and mom expressed her pain in her chest. We will praise your name forever more...how excellent thy glorious name! They quickly got a wheel chair. Mom's blood pressure was off the charts crazy! They ran some test and found she had 90% blockage in an artery! The doctor put in 2 stints. He told my sister that if she would have been any where else, she would have died! DIED! She is recovering tonight from a crazy day. Today was my first day of preschool. Last year on my first day of preschool, my grandmother had a heart attack. Odd.

So tonight as I left the hospital the song...We will praise your name for ever more..how excellent they glorious name. We will praise thy name forever more, how excellent thy glorious name Oh Lord, our Lord... just came into my head. I sang it out loud all the way to my car. I felt warmth and I be my mom did too.

18 comments:

Amy C said...

Praise God that your mom got the help she needed. What a blessing!

jenny biz said...

Precious friend...I sing with you...Love you so much and praying for Mama J...

Phillips Family said...

Praying for your mom's continued recovery!

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

Praise God that your mom was where she needed to be to recieve the best care. God is good. He has great plans for all of you! I will continue to pray. I know you are praising God, I pray him with you!

JB said...

God is good - all the time! Praying that your mom recovers quickly!

Beck Boys said...

Sorry to hear that your day was so crazy, but Thanks be to God that she was in the right place at the right time. Hope she recovers well and your week gets better.

Rachel said...

How scary! But God is good! We'll be praying!

Margaret K said...

What a relief she was at the hospital when it happened! We will be praying for a quick recovery.

Jennifer said...

How scary! I'm so glad she was at the hospital already and that they were able to prevent something more serious. I will definitely lift your mom up in prayer!!

Lynnie said...

Wow! How good is our God! He puts us in the right places at the right time! I am so thankful He is watching over your mom. Please tell her that I send my love. Also tell her we are too young to have such health issues!

Karl, Andrea, Kaden and Leland said...

Forever, and ever, we will magnify Thy name!

God is so good!

We will add your mom to our prayer list!

Kelly said...

I'm so glad to hear that she recognized the signs and got such quick care. I used to work for the American Heart Association, so hearing this story makes me very glad that it was a good outcome! I hope and pray that she will recover and heal quickly.

mcjacobsjournal said...

Oh, Paige! I can't imagine how scary that call must have been. I'm so glad to hear that your mom got the help she needed so quickly. Praise God! And, by the way, I'm sure He was loving your sweet song. :)

Wade said...

Keeping you and your family in our prayers!

Felicia said...

Your momma is being lifted in prayer. What a blessing that God was taking care of her. I hope Emaline is feeling better! Call if you need anything...I mean it!

Laura Scott said...

wow, that's scary, but amazing that she was there! I'm glad she got the help she needed!

daughteroftheking said...

Praying for your family Paige!

Kylie said...

Sweet friend Paige! It's Kylie Richmond from ACU. (i'm now Kylie Miller) I hope you remember me, I haven't seen you in years, and somehow came across your blog. I'm so sorry to hear of your mom, but Praise God she is doing good. I'd love to talk with you, your kids are BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!