Thursday, August 02, 2007

POOO!

yes, that is poo in my title. I have waited to blog about this, but since it has happened again, I thought I would share.

Two weeks ago, Emaline wanted to sit on the potty. SURE! I took her diaper off and sat her on the potty (which had happened before, per our request not hers). We sat. We sang. SHE POOPED! WHOOO! Freak thing.

Last week, right before bath Emaline wanted to sit on potty again, and she was saying POO and grabbing the back of her pants. I sat her on the potty, and guess what?! Yep, POO!

On Saturday, my mom bought her some princess undies, just for fun since she likes to try on Parker's. We have been putting them on over her clothes or diaper. She really likes them.

On Monday, she came up to me while I was washing sippy cups. She was saying POO and doing the grabbing thing. I thought I had some time because although this sounds so bam bam bam, there have been lots of false alarms or just sitting! Well, she went in her diaper. I learned my lesson.

Today, Emaline approached me and said her new favorite word POO and took off to the bathroom. I quickly followed and guess what? POO! I gave the girl some marshmallows (they worked for Parker) and let her wear her princess underpants without a diaper! No accidents! Okay, I only let her wear the undies for 15 minutes! BUT STILL! She went in the potty again before bath time.

So, I am not getting too excited...I think I potty trained Parker for over a year or longer, but I think we are off to a great start! At least I had one less poopy diaper to change.

Went to see Mandisa tonight! SO COOL! Pictures tomorrow.

7 comments:

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

Wow! I am impressed! Hope it stays that way-yeah for one less poppy diaper!

Susan

Beck Boys said...

That is really exciting. Hope is continues with the progress.

daughteroftheking said...

Awesome! Not looking forward to potty training again! Go Emaline!

Amy C said...

Go Emaline!!!! Yeah mommy! Bailey did the same thing! It was awesome. She wore pull ups and very rarely ever had to change them! She potty trained herself. It was awesome.

Margaret K said...

What a smart girl!

Beth said...

you go girl!

Laura Scott said...

I think you were right across the street from my parents house when you saw Mandissa! Actually, you had to be because she can't perform at more than one place at a time. That's is the church where my boys went to the Fiesta VBS. Are you far from it? They were advertising that she would be there the 2nd but I couldn't go. That's awesome you got to go. Yea for Emaline...both of my boys were three before we got into underwear!