Thursday, July 24, 2008

Hips and Humps

This post is for the female audience...so males...just skip to your other blogs at this time.

Things around here are different. My children are seeing me look different, do different things, abnormal things and they are beginning to voice their questions.... hence the reason for the this blog.

The nursing thing isn't going smoothly. B likes to eat and for a long time! I mean a LONG time. He likes to fall asleep, then wakes up as if someone yells last call on the buffet! Seriously, it takes me 45 minutes to an hour to get this guy fed. By the time I burp him, change his diaper, and get him back to sleep, he is ready to eat again in an hour and a half. I must throw out kudos for my husband. He helps me every step from bringing B to me, changing diapers and even burping the dude during the night. I have tried wet cloths, stripping B down, scratching his back, tickling...nothing keeps this guy awake until he is done, then he can be wide awake. In the past my children have felt as if nursing has taken over! AND IT HAS! THat is an hour that I am not playing or getting snacks, or chocolate milk on demand. So this week, at different times BOTH my children have attempted to help me out.

P's story. I was sitting on the couch, with My Breast Friend (if you are nursing, you must get one of these!) nursing away when P perched right beside me and started to observe. I didn't say anything. B unlatched, so I was attempting to get him back on, when Parker grabbed B's head, grabbed ME and tried to make a connection! Parker then looked at me and said: MOM, you didn't say the magic words: get on dude!

E's story. Today, and the reason I just had to put this somewhere before I forget. I was pumping, because I have given into the bottle because it just doesn't take B as long to eat it during the night and I thought I would try the same thought process during the day. It isn't the first time the kids have seen me pump. I have done this numerous times. Today, Emaline came back in my room to join me. She wanted to turn the pump on, which I learned from the last time she wanted to help me, can be VERY painful! So I begin to get in the position, she looks at me and says: D'oes your humps? Yes, my darling daughter called my breasts HUMPS! As she observes the pumping process, she gets real close and says: I see your hips! I will let you figure out what she is referring to. I died laughing! Then she says: What you call those? I tell her boobies. I didn't know what else to say, but I do think we will refer to them in our house by her new names for them. SHe too, has attempted to help B nurse this week by asking me to let her hold my hump while he ate. These kids are going to be scarred!

10 comments:

Marianne said...

We are so laughing out loud. So glad his eyes are better.

Love you!

Kylie said...

I can hardly type for my laughing!!!! You gotta love those nursing questions. We call them "ninnies", and you should have heard the questions about my ninnies while feeding. I love the humps!!!!!! Out of the mouths of babes:)
Glad you can find some humor in the fog of 3, love you friend, hope to see you soon!

Kelly said...

Now I've got that "My Humps" song in my head. Hilarious stories! :)

Laura Drury said...

This is so funny! So glad you blogged it so you won't forget! You are doing great as a mom with 3. I'm very impressed with Wal-Mart! Congrats on your newest blessing. All will get easier soon!

Jennifer said...

too funny! I understand about the eating issues. Both my boys were slow eaters, especially Hudson. It would take forever and then was time to start over. I gave in to the pump too and then he didn't want to work for it himself. I kind of shot myself in the foot with that! I pumped for a little over 2 months and then just stopped. I was pulling my hair out and very emotional becuase I was worn out!

I pray that things get easier for you soon. Sounds like you have some good helpers though over there.

Hudson had his own pumping/nursing lingo too. When he'd see me get the pump out, he'd say "are you gonna bump?"

Miss G said...

hilarious! kelly

Phillips Family said...

You sure Emaline isn't listening to some Fergie in her room at night???

1literatimommy said...

that is hilarious! you have such smart kiddos to be so curious about it all.

daughteroftheking said...

That is hilarious!!
Kids are so curious at that age.
An encouragement on the feeding, Eli was the same way in the begining. He just wanted to eat all day long! It does get better! He got use to it was a lot easier!
In the mean time keep posting the great stories. It is a great way to remember all the details!!

Mary said...

That's hilarious and sounds so similar to my life right now, too! When I nurse Sydni, Dane will lift up my nursing shawl and yell, "Ta-da! A beautiful baby!". And when I was pumping the other day, he asked me if the milk is coming from my belly. Well, I lied and said, "Yeah, that's right, straight from Mommy's belly!" That poor boy will be so confused for most of his life!