Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Swim lessons and Cats Game

LOTS of pictures...I just couldn't decide! Let's start with swim lessons. Last week the kids took swim lessons for the first time. It was the kind of swim lessons when you drop your kids off and leave for 1 hour! Then come back and get them and hear all about it. On the last day you get to see the progress! AND BOY DID WE! Emaline used to be scared of the water, even with her vest one she wouldn't let go of you. Parker was pretty daring wearing his vest, but we never took it off, and by the last day....well you look
This is Emaline above diving to get sticks!
showing us her treasure!
Below, Parker getting sticks!




Emaline jumping and swimming to the teachers


Parker with one of his teachers...

EMALINE SWIMMING FROM TEACHER TO ANOTHER!





This is how they start each lesson, by swimming laps.... sorry my pics are out of order...

Doing dips!
Parker swimming....
Parker swimming his laps...









Emaline waiting her turn! Can I just say we are amazed at what was accomplished in 1 week! Parker NEVER wears a vest now, and Emaline hasn't in the 4 times we have gone swimming since lessons quit. She is brave, so I am thinking when we are around large groups we will put the vest on her for my peace of mind. Sometimes she just jumps even if you aren't watching....and I want to be watching! If you live in the area...and haven't heard of these swim gurus....or nazis as one of the other pupils call them....let me know! Totally worth it!

Last Friday night we went to the Fort Worth Cats game with some friends. So fun... here are a couple of the shots I took!








Now I am late to bible study...I have been working on this post for 3 hours! Blogger and I wouldn't get along with the photos...Oh well. I hope you all had a great Tuesday!
Please pray for my nephew tomorrow...he has his first cleft pallet surgery! Pray for his parents who will have to learn to feed him differently for the next few weeks!







4 comments:

Phillips Family said...

I totally want to know where you are going for swim lessons. I want to put both kids in lessons, but don't want to do our city's version because it is worthless. I have looked into Emler swim school, but the price is crazy nuts.

Anyway, YEAH for your kids and could you email me the information whenever you get a chance?

Thanks!

Marianne said...

Awesome swim lessons!

Can't believe the baby will be here in 4 weeks!!!
Love the name!!!!

Love you!!

Jennifer said...

Very cool. So glad they learned so much during that week!

Margaret K said...

Wow! What amazing teachers! That is so awesome that the kids learned so much in one week.

Girl, you have been so busy. I hope you will take a break once Bowden is here. You need to rest!