Wednesday, June 11, 2008

2.06

that is what I spent to keep us happy for almost 2 hours today. We went to Cabela's. Yep, for 2 hours! I am getting so HOT HOT HOT in this house, being prego and such, and not wanting to give my husband a heart attack with the electric bill, so we left and went to a very air conditioned location! The kids had a blast, and yes, I was the mom, sitting on the bench encourgaing my kids to RUN through the deer exhibit (we were the only ones in there at the time) to release energy before nap time. It worked. We spent $1.00 on tokens for Parker to try to lift the gun and shoot at those targets. And I spent a 1.06 on a bag of gummy worms that we all shared on the way home. Just 5 minutes from home. Fun times....

6 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm burning up these days and am not pregnant, so I can't even imagine how miserable it must be. Great idea, though. I always forget about that place, and we're just down the street from it.

The Timberframer's Wife said...

Good, cheap fun. I bet the kids had a ball. Pregnant and summer don't go together well--You're almost there!

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

Ahh, not too much longer and you will be have sweet Bowden in your arms.

J and I take the nieces and nephew to run around Cabela's we are the crazy family that plays with the pop guns the whole time. Usually Eli gets upset b/c we have to put it back and so he chunks it into the barrell so to take his mind off of losing the gun we play hide and seek in the tents.

Jennifer said...

We love Cabelas! What a great idea to get out of the house and have some FREE fun!

Miss G said...

love it! you're so fun. I want to be a mom like you when I have kids someday. thanks for sharing! Kelly

Kristen OQ said...

We go there all the time -- Seth calls it going to the "wild animal zoo."

And you are right...their air conditioning is always running full blast!