Thursday, February 15, 2007

You know...I haven't

fallen in a long time. That was my thought just a few weeks ago. Don't know why I was thinking this. I am aware that I am a clumbsy person. I am NOT very coordinated (not sure how I played all those sports). I guess just watching Emaline and Parker CRASH on a regular basis was reminding me that the last time I busted it was when we were living with my inlaws while our house was being built and I was cruising down the stairs, and well, landed on my face. Thank goodness they were not home!!! You probably have figured out where this is going.

Yes, I fell.

Where and how, well, let me just tell you. On Tuesday, MIL had picked up Parker from Preschool, so it was just me and Emaline. We were going to meet the ILs for dinner to get the ALMOST birthday boy. I decided I would start the car and unload the car from preschool festivities (Valentine's day party) before Emaline woke up. As I was crossing the back of my car with mail in my hand...I stepped carelessly on the lip of the garage/driveway wearing my rocketdog clogs. My ankle flipped me right out into my drive way. I landed on all fours. Yes, you can laugh. I could have rolled right down into the street. I didn't drop the mail though! SCORE! My saving grace was it was COLD and NO ONE was at the park across the street. No witnesses. I did smash up my hand, my knees and ripped my jeans :(. My whole body has hurt for the past few days. It kind of feels like I have been working out, but I haven't :)! I called Stacey and told him what happened and told him NOT to tell his parents. In fact, I have only told a few trusted souls until now. I was too embarrassed. AND now, I shall post an entire blog about it. Funny how that works.

3 comments:

jenny biz said...

I am so sorry to get a laugh out of your pain. I have the massager/heater ready to go if you need it:)

MDM said...

Blame the Rocket Dogs!! I trip all the time in mine. Don't know why I keep wearing them. They are just too easy and work with winter clothes and socks!

Amy C said...

Hope the jeans weren't your favorites. You have to feel blessed that noone was there to witness, that always helps ease the pain!