Sunday, February 18, 2007

Happy Birthday Parkerman

Oh man. I can't believe it has really been 3 years. It just seems like yesterday that you were placed into my arms...even if it was for just a few minutes. I won't relive that night on my blog this year. I am still trying to forget most of it. You came into this world very calmly on your part, just surprising all of us with your size! Those doctors and nurses were so shocked when you arrived at 9lbs 12oz. What a blessing you have been! This past year has been so much fun watching you be a big brother and transitioning from an only child to having to share everything!!! Especially your mommy and daddy, and your cows and horses. I have loved seeing you grow in size and spiritually as we discover God's word together. I love it when you ask me to tell you a story. Example, you wanting to hear about the first man or discuss the fruits of the spirit. The other day, I almost fell over laughing when you told me that that you fell and broke yourself. Broke yourself. Still puts a smile on my face. You love to read books, play with playdough, paint, cook, play with your horses and cows, DANCE, and play with your spiderman computer. Your favorite shows are Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, American Idol, Handy Manny (my favorite), The Doodlebops, Dancing with the Stars, and Diego. Your favorite foods are macaroni, chickfila (I realize this is not a food, but when asked what you want to eat, this is your response), yogurt, FRUIT, butter with jelly with peanut butter (the way you say it), and chips and cheese (queso). I love how you ask me to lay with you after you and daddy have your special time. I will always cherish that time. It amazes me that you know highways and street names and what stores are on each. I never want to forget how you tell me that I don't have to say NO when you ask me a question. I love when you kiss me on your own and tell me you love me. It makes my heart melt. You are a good friend, even a reminder to me sometimes of how quick you are to forgive. I could go on and on, and might in the next few days but for tonight I must stop by telling you just how proud I am of my Parker Gregg. See you later crocodile...after while aligator!







8 comments:

Kelly said...

What a sweet birthday tribute...Parker sounds like someone that's fun to hang out with. :)

The Benson Bunch said...

What a sweet blog...I had no idea that Zane and Parker were so close in age...Zane's birthday is on the 22nd!

From a sweet little baby to a handsome, fun, loving boy...he seems like a very special and unique boy. Thanks for sharing him with us...I think him and Zane would have a great time together!

Happy Birthday, Parker!

jenny biz said...

He IS a fun little boy!! Cant wait to see him grow this next year!!

Beck Boys said...

Happy Birthday Cousin Parker. We enjoy reading your blog and seeing what mom has to say about the way you and your sister are growing. Looking forward to the next year.

Margaret K said...

Great memories! Glad you are writing them all down. Sweet Parker!

Jenni said...

Happy Birthday Parker!!!

Felicia said...

What a sweet post! Our babies are so sweet and it just brought tears to my eyes reading your post. Happy Birthday Parker!

The Timberframer's Wife said...

Friend, I just finished catching up on your blog, and you have sure had it rough! I hope everyone is feeling 100 % soon! Even sick, your kids are beautiful. Y'all take care!