Tuesday, December 19, 2006

NO FEAR

My daughter has no fear. She is total opposite from Parker, except they look just alike.

Parker in 2 years never once climbed out of his crib.

Emaline at 11 months dismounted yesterday from the crib with NO injuries.

I actually caught her in the act in the morning: one leg hiked over the railing. As soon as I GASPED she quickly pointed down at the ground where she had dropped her blanket. I called Stacey and told him that evening he would have the job of lowering the crib mattress. At morning nap time...I thought...surely, if she doesn't drop her blanket we would be okay...

During lunch I heard her wake up from her nap. I thought I had a few minutes to finish lunch for Anne and Parker when the "I'm awake" cry turned into a heavier "I'm mad" cry. I walked into her room to find her in the middle of her room sitting straight up on the floor crying. I picked her up and moved ALL body parts and the crying stopped. Tough baby.

The afternoon nap was taken in the pack and play and last night Stacey lowered the mattress.

4 comments:

Amy C said...

She is spirited! I love the mitten cookies and the pictures below. My sister was telling me about her cute little dress on Sunday. I had a few of those!

Margaret K said...

Love that red & black dress! Saw it from a distance on Sunday. Why didn't you guys let them go all the way onto the stage on Wednesday night??? Partners in crime they were!

Pearson Family said...

Yes, the EM's were rushing the stage during Joel's prayer. The night before when we were setting up tables Emaline got to play up there and I was concerned about the plants. Trouble.

Kristen OQ said...

Sam climbed out of his crib (with the mattress at the lowest point) at 14 months. He went into a toddler bed that night. He was a climber too, so watch out for Emaline!