Thursday, December 14, 2006

13 reasons I LOVED my college job

1. I always saw the newest fashions.
2. I got to see many boyfriends purchase gifts for their love. Jenny Perkins always got charms!!! And Robyn Rye got a new Brighton purse from her MIL.
3. I got a great discount.
4. My boss always let me have summers and Christmas off since I didn't live in Abilene.
5. I worked from 12-5 or 6 either M-W-F or T-TH and Saturday depending on my classes. It worked out great, except I ate lunch in my car most days, but my evenings were free. There was that one year I worked at a kiosk in the mall...
6. My job made me 'dress', which made me NOT wear the sweats and hat that I would have liked to have worn to my 8:00 am classes, which I had every semester so that I could work. When I 'dress' I feel better about myself, do you?
7. Ms. Betty. She was an alteration lady that was so NICE to me. She took interest in all us girls that worked there.
8. The girls I worked with. Let me see if I can remember some of them... of course the 2 Marcys, Rella, Joann, Pam, Kelly, Pat, Debbie and her sister, and I couldn't forget Dave. Dave wasn't a girl :) but I worked with him too. He was the shoe manager. He was nice and had a great sense of humor to put up with all us girls.
9. Birthday Celebrations. Our boss always celebrated our birthday with a cake and a card. For a girl who didn't have any family around most of the time I worked there...this was super special. And my boss had a Feburary birthday too!
10. I liked the work. I wasn't the best salesgirl, surprise, but I did keep myself busy. I liked to reorganize the Brighton purse boxes, or polish the James Avery or dust something.
11. I liked to try on the new shoes. It was kind of sad though. 3 of us girls wore the same size, but luckily we all liked different shoes. We would take 'breaks' and go try on shoes. I knew it wasn't meant to be for those Cole Haan's to make it to my closet when I would go to try them on and they would be missing. An empty hole in the stock room. So sad.
12. I had the same job for 4 years in college.
13. My boss. Yanell and Gerald. Gerald wasn't really my boss, but was my boss' husband, so sort of. They were so nice to this young Paris girl. They held my hand through some really difficult times in my life. They were understanding. They were my family. I still keep up with them through my dad who sees them at market, however, I am sending them this link! I miss you Village Shoes and Boutique!!!! LOVE PAIGEEEEEEE (Which was my nickname there)

3 comments:

Kelly said...

That's so impressive that you had that job all through college.

I completely agree about getting "dressed." I'm really understanding it right now, as getting a shower is an acomplishment for me these days. :)

LauraB54 said...

You always were dressed so cute in college. I haven't seen you in the last couple, or 10 ha! years, but I'm sure your still dressed just as cute! I never could put a good outfit together beyond jeans and a T-shirt. Of course I did buy a couple of outfits at that store before my honeymoon! Fun place to work!

LauraB54 said...

Not sure what I've done...I had to create a google acount to leave you a comment and now I have a new blog???? with a new name??? Anyway, this is Laura Scott