Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Trip

For my 30th birthday, my mother in law took me and my sister in law on a cruise. I decided to take the trip early because baby girl is coming in January and I turn 30 in February so I didn't want to leave the newborn. Our trip on the ship was great. We docked or ported or whatever in Ft. Lauderdale, then headed to Key West and then on to Cozumel. I didn't get sick, except one night I just didn't feel quite right while eating dinner in the dining room. The room overlooked the back of the ship which was glass and you could see the beautiful water. Something about it just made me quite...uneasy. From then on I took my meds before dinner so I would be okay. I love to say that I had an affair on the trip, but I am quoting a guy on the ship who was making fun of the cramped quarters in the bathroom. I had an affair with the shower curtain! The shower is about 2'x2' if that. As soon as you turn on the water, the shower curtain attaches itself to your body, like press and seal saran wrap. No joke.

I loved the critters the statesroom attendant made every night for us.


We had fun shopping at the ports, however, I didn't find my below border prices anywhere. We ate at Margaritaville in Key West. I had a cheeseburger in paradise. We mostly sat by the pool and enjoyed watching the people and trying to figure out their stories. My mother in law and sister in law read books, I read a few pages of a book. I mostly slept. How peaceful to hear the ocean breeze until the cruise entertainment girl screams over the speakers, "Men's belly flop at main pool!" Also, a warning to those who like to sleep in the sun...just because you fall asleep in the shade, doesn't mean you will be in the shade when you wake up! Just ask my legs!

Like I said, then trip was for my birthday, and I stated to my traveling companions, that under no circumstance was there to be a song and a cake like we had heard in the dining room night after night. Well, guess what? They didn't listen to me. So, I showed them, I stuck my face in my cake! Really! I have tried to upload the picture like 4 times, and nothing is coming up, so you don't get to see it right now. But trust me, it happened.

The waters were beautiful and went on forever. It was such a reminder of God's creation.

Some great memories from the trip: 11:30 pm chocolate buffet, great weather, beautiful sunset, topaz waters, food, Randy and Sonja (our waiters), virgin peach daiquiris (or course), food, devils mint body scrub and massage (even though mine was lemon and something due to being with child, it was wonderful), food, spending time with family, sleeping, food. I am sure I could come up with something else, but those are some highlights.

Yesterday, Parker was running a fever. I think it is gone now, but he still isn't acting like himself. We think he is cutting his 2 year molars. That is all he is missing in the teeth category. I am so glad that Jami finally made her blog and that Kim updated hers! Jodi, I will help you later. I am trying to clean the house, because I leave this weekend for Paris (Texas) for a wedding and want to come home to a clean house. Oh yeah, my BF from Paris had her twins last weekend, Logan Elise and Lauren Olivia, both weighing over 5lbs each! WEIGH to go Mindy! I will hopefully get some pictures of them this weekend.

4 comments:

jenny biz said...

So glad you had a great trip! Sounds like tons of fun!
You are leaving town again??

Unknown said...

I'm glad you had fun on your trip! Maybe I can talk my mother in law into a 30th birthday trip!

Stacey Pearson said...

What is the deal about a clean house. I do clean some when you are gone!!! Parker and I thought we did a good job of cleaning up before you got home this time! I guess not! Ha, Ha!

Pearson Family said...

Honey, calm down. You did pick up, but I swept, mopped, and used the vacuum. I love all that you and Parker did!