Wednesday, January 18, 2012

One of those days

Do you have those mommy days like this:

You are doing the laundry, it needs to be folded. You take the laundry to be folded and realize you need to get hangers from the kids room. You go to kid 1 room and see many shirts that need to be ironed. So you get the shirts and bring to kitchen. You begin to get the ironing board out and see an invitation to a birthday party on the counter. You then walk calendar to write birthday and see a box top on the counter. You stop and gather all the box tops and glue down on paper. Getting the glue you see a card your sister gave you and it brings you to tears. Next to the card are some stamps and miscellanious things that need to be sorted through. I sort. I find olf pictures that need to be put into a photo album. I go through 4 photo scrapbooks thinking how old I am. Don't get side tracked! Back to counter that is now destroyed with coupons, business cards, notes.... You find old check book receipts. You begin organizing and looking through the duplicates. That gets you thinking about your taxes! Don't get side tracked I tell myself. On the same shelf with stamps are 2 old cameras I've been meaning to charge so I can carry 1 in my purse when I don't have my big momma jomma cameras with me. So I go get the cord to charge the camera and plug into my computer. Now I am blogging because now my computer is up and.... why not! My house is now destroyed.

Ever have one of these days.... OH yeah... the LAUNDRY!

5 comments:

Kristen OQ said...

This reminded me of a "mom" version of if you give a mouse a cookie! Seems like any day I am home sounds like the day you described. ;)

Maurine said...

HaHa! What you just described is almost exactly why I am sitting at the computer and reading your blog... I mean, I'm only making a bigger mess any time I try to accomplish something so sitting at the computer didn't seem like too bad an idea. :)

Karl, Andrea, Kaden and Leland said...

I read this to Karl (just to help explain some of my insanity) and his response is, "How many times have you read IF YOU GIVE A MOOSE A MUFFIN?"! I give up. Karl says, "Stop at the muffin.". As if it's that easy!

Thanks for the post. You made me smile!

McFarland Family said...

I think I have this day everyday. Life as mom...would not have any other way:)

cecile said...

I remember those days well! Retirement is wonderful! I'm beginning to get organized for the 1st time in 35-40 years!