Thursday, July 12, 2007

VBS

When a friend says, "you can tell it is VBS time, you haven't updated your blog" you know you need to update! VBS closed last night, and it has been our best year yet. Here are some pictures I wanted to share.


My amazing volunteers!

Okay you lurkers out there in Texarkana, this picture is for you. This is what I went to buy myself for our ice cream supper last night. I missed you terribly and your homemade icecream!GREAT FRIENDS!
Cousin Cole playing in the playground.
Here is Malaya and Anna making bread at the bakery with Karen.


Like my SIL said, as if I didn't have enough to do this week, we went with some great friends to the Railroad musuem yesterday at Fair Park. It was really hot and many of my pictures didn't turn out like I wanted them too, so here are just a few.





Here are Jackson and Molly ringing the bell.









This was in one of the 1920's car.

So VBS ended, I was going to spend today resting, cleaning, laundry, and when Parker woke up, all he wanted to do was paint! SO we had more arts and craft today. Emaline joined in when she woke up.

Parker was so excited about the bottom picture. HE MADE PURPLE! He kept telling me, red and blue made purple mommy. I may come across more pictures to share from VBS, but I was trying to be careful not to post pictures of kids that I wasn't sure if their parents would want them on the internet.
TO my VOLUNTEERS who read this: THANK YOU THANK YOU!



6 comments:

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

so glad you are back...I have missed you. Now head on over to my blog and leave a few comments! (I am laughing out loud at myself! )

Why does Parker look like he is about to cry in the train pictures? Or is that his "I need to look super cool-so I will try to look like I am not having any fun" face?

Molly Woodall said...

Paige...I've been reading all your blogs for the past week. I have thoroughly enjoyed it. I go to Lamar Ave with all your family. In fact, my husband and I were at your beautiful wedding...we're in the picture from the reception holding the huge platter. You have inspired me to keep up with my blog better...and to start the 13's...I love those. Oh, and the 13's for your anniversary were so sweet...you are really blessed with a loving family!
God Bless You!
Molly Woodall

Sandy B said...

Us Texarkana lurkers are sorry that some people don't know how to make homemade peach ice cream. If you would come for a visit we would make you some.
We really miss you guys and know that VBS was wonderful and touched many children. We're sure that all your hard work was much appreciated. Look forward to seeing you soo. S & J

1literatimommy said...

I am glad VBS was great, and that you guys got to come enjoy the really hot boxcars and trains. It was a blast!

daughteroftheking said...

I love the first picture and the ninth one down of Emaline. Glad to hear VBS was a success!

The Timberframer's Wife said...

So much fun with trains and VBS and water slides and vacations! It's always so good to catch up with what y'all are up to. By the way, we also have train pictures and Sea of Galilee VBS pictures. Y'all take care! Love, Robyn