Monday, January 22, 2007

Just a few more

Here are a few pictures from the family party last night. Yes, I dressed the same! I had to reuse the shirt! It was so fun to have my family and Stacey's family together. That doesn't happen to often. I was missing someone special though, my mamma (my grandmother,not my mom sorry for the confusion) is still in the hospital. She did have another heart attack and will receive a pacemaker later this week. We sure thought about you woman!

Emaline's cake. I did NOT make it, but didn't it turn out pretty! 2 grandmothers did request some entertainment...and they got it! Parker rolled out all the stops on this version of the dance! Can you tell?

The birthday girl in cousin cassidie's hat. I think she looks like an angel!
And not so much like an angel! She had so much fun slinging that right had around and throwing cake in everyones direction. The icing this time was white! Not as much fun. She has learned to pop her lips in a kissing noise, which is so funny.


We went for her 1 year check up today. My girl is tall, healthy, and has a big head! Above the 97th percentile in everything. Way to go!



I think i have been neglecting sweet Parker lately on the blog scene. He is doing great and I can proudly say he is potty trained! YIPPEE! He amazes me right now with his letter recognition. He can recall just about any letter. Ladies, beware...if your shirt has letters on it, he will touch it and spell them out. I apologize in advance if he violates any of you. He remembers everything. If I tell him we need to go to Target, he will say: Mamma, on 3077? Yep, that is the one I tell him. I told him we were going to Joann's one day, and he asked me if it was Orange or Green. I talked him through it...Home Depot is Orange, Wal-Mart is blue, sometimes green, Target is red, but we are going to Joann's. So as I drive in the parking lot, he reminds me the sign is GREEN! The other night, I was tired, and was being a bad wife and snapped at Stacey as we were distributing Emaline's medicine. Don't worry, I apologized, but not before Parker could lay his hands on our shoulders and tell me to be patient with daddy. OOPS! I think he has really been listening to chapel and learning the fruits of the spirit. I will attempt to attach a recent pic of Parker. Blogger isn't my friend, and Parker doesn't like to have his picture taken anymore...so I kind of persuaded him to give me something...and I got this. My new favorite picture of him.

4 comments:

Margaret K said...

What a sweetie! Looks just like his daddy. Way to go on the potty training!

jenny biz said...

What a great birthday weekend! I can not believe that she is one!! Love that picture of Parker! Precious!!

Beck Boys said...

Congratulations on the potty training! Way to go Parker. Looks like the party was a hit.

The Timberframer's Wife said...

Sweet, sweet babies! Think of how much less you can now spend on diapers! I always love your pictures!