Friday, January 12, 2007

And yet, I was there again today. This morning Emaline woke up with her eye SWOLLEN shut! Just one eye and only her top eyelid. She truly looked as if she was from the Asian descent. I called the doctor and broke down on the phone the minute she told me to bring her in. I kept begging her to tell me it was a reaction to her eye drops and to stop the medicine, and she said that they really needed to see her. SO off we went AGAIN! And guess what they think it was: A SPIDER BITE! Yep. They were able to rule out all the other reasons and found a puncture spot...and tada....she was bitten. So to top off my week, she gets bitten by something. Poor girl.

And we will see them again next week for her 1 year check up! I asked if they could just designate one room for us, or donate a wing in our honor. They really didn't think I was that funny. I think I need some rest...CABO anyone???

8 comments:

Jodi said...

Bless her little heart!! And Mommy's too!! She is lucky to have such a dedicated, sweet Mommy to cling to!

jaime s said...

So sorry!! Faith has been waking up from naps (only naps) with a weird rash and what look like bug bite marks on her face. Her face returns to normal in about 30 minutes. So weird!

Check out Becky (Jeffrey) Brooks blog www.brooksincorporated.blogspot.com

She found something that has REALLY helped her kids with ecezma when nothing else really would. She is sold on it! Thought you might want to check it out!

Love the pics of the kids in the glasses! What a fun family!

Jaime

tamandscott said...

By the way, we go to the same doctor. I saw your Christmas card on the bulletin board there.

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

Oh sweet couz- I do believe that God has great plans for your little one-why else would she be battling so many things at her young age? It just seems that from the day she was born "someone" has been trying to keep her down. I know you must be tired too having-from the worry, stress and driving back and forth! Bless you heart-bless her heart and yes, I will go to Cabo anytime-just tell me when and we will leave today even-before the roads ice. AHHH! Now wouldn't that be nice!

Hang in there! Let me know if you need time away-I will come play-seriously-don't hesitate to call me!

Margaret K said...

Wow, what a crazy week. Maybe she is getting all of her childhood illnesses over in her first year and next year will be healthy. Hang in there!

Amy C said...

That is horrible. So sorry about all the trouble! Hope she is feeling better~!

The Timberframer's Wife said...

So sorry about all the sicknesses! No fun for anyone, and so tiring for Mom. If they must be sick, may they be sleepy, too! We're finally over our winter cold ordeal. The glasses pictures are great, though! Y'all take care and stay warm!

Rachel said...

I was going to say exactly the same as Jodi - bless her little heart! Poor thing. We'll pray for her.