Tuesday, November 28, 2006

My pediatrican loves me...

Seriously. Stacey took Parker up there on Friday because his drainage had turned colors and the cough had gotten worse and Triaminic wasn't cutting it. They thought he had a sinus infection, put him on antibiotic, and an antihistimine. So about Saturday...Emaline started with a cough...Sunday it came and went. Monday it came, and today...it rocked the house. They fit us in. I had both kids (of course) this always happens to me. I just thought they would listen to her chest and send us on to the pharmacy for MORE antibiotic. On the way to the doctors office, Parker was playing with this Hickory Dock Clock from preschool and all of a sudden began to complain about his ear. What? I am thinking paper cut. No biggie. We get into the exam room...Emaline weighed 24 pounds by the way, and the dr. began to check out our baby girl. Parker began to throw a fit. I tell the dr. that he is fine, I just think he got a paper cut while playing in the car. So she humors him and checks his ears....first ear...looking good big guy...second ear...YIKES! INFECTION! Excuse me...aren't we on medicine already....don't we have tubes...we aren't even here for him! My copay just doubled! At his moment I had 2 children on my hips, both crying snot everywhere. The dr. gave them popsicles. Emaline hasn't even had one before, but that wasn't stopping me at that moment. Parker had a sucker in one hand, and the popsicle in the other. Back to the original reason we are there....Emaline. I begin to tell the doctor that she has been SCREAMING her head off every time she gets in the car seat...like deafening. Emaline hasn't really been herself...and all this drainage stuff with the nasty cough. Time to check her urine...seriously? Can you see I have both kids on my hips clinging to me with dear life with SNOT everywhere and a sucker stuck to my shirt? The doctor LOVES my child (of course) and takes Parker out of the room while the violate my daughter. Tests come back good! YIPPEE SKIPPEE no infection for her. Must be a virus thing. Back to my really sick boy...sinus then ear infection. A shot. Now the nurses take Emaline out of the room so I can love on my other sick one. I think he had cried for an hour straight at this point. They hold down his legs and give him 2 shots... they are taking him off the first antibiotic and putting him on another. Then they tell me I have to wait 20 minutes before I can leave the office (which I know is standard), but come on...have you heard my kids the past hour? I only have 2 hips, and they are currently aching. I actually looked at the doctor and asked her if she could prescribe something for me, something strong. I had had enough. We only watched 10 minutes of Little Mermaid in the waiting room, and then got out of there. Parker fell asleep on the way home with the sucker in his mouth...rough day.

7 comments:

Jodi said...

Oh my word. Rough day to say the least! We were at the pediatrician yesterday, and it was jam packed with kids! That time of year I guess. Get some rest, girl. Hope those precious babies feel better!!! Great news about Jaymie, huh?!?!

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

I hate that both are sick. You and Jodi should start a support group since she is right there with you.

I am praying peace of mind for you!

Hang in there

jenny biz said...

I am exhausted after reading this post!! Sure hope everyone gets better! Are you dosing up on your Vitamin C?:)

Margaret K said...

Wow! What a hard day. Sorry to hear the kids are both sick. The doctor's visit sounded like a bad dream!

1literatimommy said...

Paige, that sounds like a sucky, horrible day. I hope your kiddos get better. We only had to deal with the sniffles and a little throw up here. Tis the season! PS I have a bottle of vino if you still need a little something to get your over the sickness hump! :)

amerriman said...

You deserve the gold star for motherhood. Next time call, I will help out anytime I can.

Kelli L. said...

Great to hear E. is free of UTI. That would have been the last straw it sounds like. Don't you get sick!!!