Thursday, November 02, 2006

13 Things about Halloween Day I may like to forget

1. Couldn't find the chaps we had borrowed from cousin Cole that Mammy made. So we went to preschool without them.

2. My coteacher called and was sick and would NOT be coming to school. Great, a sub.

3. My kids were CRAZY! I remember when I taught school, that holiday days were always crazy, but nothing like 12 2 year olds.

4. Tackling 2 year olds. Enough said.

5. I was dressed like a ladybug. The kids wouldn't even look at me, they only looked at my antennae!

6. I changed all the diapers this wonderful day in my class at preschool. I thought I would be nice to my sub. Luckily, no bowels moved this day. Changing an elephants diaper was tricky!

7. My class joined Parker's class in watching a video before the class party started. During this time, Parker came to give me a hug, when I realize that Parker's jeans were wet. He had wet through his diaper. No biggie. It happens. I took him to go change into shorts...all I had in his backpack. I hadn't changed seasons with the back up clothes.

8. On the way back to class, he trips and falls.

9. We open the door to Parker's class, and he decides he wants to put the door stopper thing down, and I tell him no. I shut the door. Behind me, he reopens the door, only to have one of his fellow classmates shut the door, on his FINGERS! I couldn't even get onto him for reopening the door, he was crying his head off.

10. The party was fine. Actually, it was great for a preschool class party. My sub was wonderful.

11. When Parker and I were walking to the car after preschool, he trips and falls n the parking lot. Remember he has on shorts. He tears his knee open. Perfect!

12. We get home and Parker goes right to sleep- he slept for 2.5 hours. It had been a rough day. We rush to eat dinner, and get out trick or treating.

13. Today as I took a different route away from my house, I noticed that our fence has been tagged. I think that is how you would describe it. Thank goodness it is only side walk chalk, but still, we were vandalized, our mailbox too! We weren't the only ones. It still upset me. So, bring on the rain please so that it can be washed away.

I don't even want to post my pictures right now because I am almost certain it won't upload correctly. I think it is getting harder to post pictures. Don't want to get frustrated, so maybe pictures tomorrow!

By the way, Parker did love trick or treating. He loved passing out candy better than ringing doorbells and waiting to see if he would turn and run away from the door depending on what the person answering the door was wearing. Seriously. Please look out your peep hole people and take off the scary mask when a 3 foot cowboy is at your door!

7 comments:

jenny biz said...

What a day!! Maybe next year you guys should just lock yourselves in the house for the day!:) Vandalized!!! That really stinks! Why are some people so disrespectful???

Kelli L. said...

Wow, what a day for the Pearson's. Hope you got a nap too! I had a lot of trouble posting pics as well.

1literatimommy said...

what an awful halloween. seriously. it stinks that your sub was sick on halloween. good thing you have adorable kids who looked precious in their costumes to make up for the bummer parts of the day.

Amy C said...

Gotta hate it when people just stare at your. . .antennae all the time. I feel you pain.

Angela Robinson said...

Sorry you had such a crazy Halloween...look on the bright side...Christmas is coming in 54 days (at least that's what the sign at Walmart just told me)!

Amen on the growing difficulty of posting pictures...although, today I had the best luck at it I've had in a week!

Margaret K said...

That's a rough day! I can't believe you got tagged. I wouldn't expect that in your neighborhood. We were burgalarized and vandalized in Austin. It really freaks you out and makes you feel violated.

Kim Q. said...

Paige Pearson you could sooo write childrens books! I love the way you tell life stories! You could totally captivate and relate to sooo many people in a whimsical way! You make craziness and bad days gone worse less painful! Plus you could use your amazing photos to illustrate them! I really am serious! I love the way God has blessed you with a comical way to help you and all of us truly celebrate life even in the midst of rocky storms. Thank you for sharing that precious gift! I just love you so so so very very very much!