Sunday, November 12, 2006

Cabo...

Yep, that is where I have been! Jealous? We have been at the BEAUTIFUL Hilton in Cabo since Thursday, where the sun shines there 360 days a year. It was a perfect trip...except I called to check in today with my mom and found out...
my step dad had passed away yesterday morning. Cancer. Quicker than the doctors thought.

Mom didn't want me to worry about her... So, I just found out this morning. I had tried to call her through out my trip, but couldn't get a hold of her. Isn't it funny how you have that feeling sometimes? I had that feeling during my trip. I said prayers for her daily, even a couple a day when my thoughts landed on her. Please say a prayer for my mom, and step brothers.

When it rains it pours! I won't go into all the details, but it kind of stinks when someone else claims your luggage in customs as their own, and almost gets home with it. And sweet friend... you know who you are....I love you. I am praying for you. Consider yourself hugged until I can get my arms around you. Call me when you are ready.


Cabo pictures to come, but I thought these were more important.

11 comments:

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

You may see from site meter that i was stalking you. I became worried Friday night when I didn't see a post from you, not typical Paige. But I turned my worries into prayers so I am thankful that I was praying for you-sounds like you needed it with everything going on with your mom and stepdad. I am sorry for her loss and the pain you must be feeling too. I hope you had a great time and let me know if there is anything that i can do-keep the kids or whatever. But in the meantime know that I am praying for you.

1literatimommy said...

I am glad you had a fun trip, but I am sorry about your step dad. Please know your family is in my thoughts in prayers, and if you need me, I'm just right down the street.

Laura Scott said...

Wow what a mix of emotions. I have wondered where you went! I hope you had a great time in Cabo and can't wait to see the pictures. On the other hand I am very sorry for your mom and the loss of your step dad. You and your family will be in our prayers.

arlenda said...

I am so glad to have found your blog. Glad you were able to get away for a fun trip. How awesome! I am so sorry to hear about your stepdad. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Margaret K said...

Let me know if I can help with the kids. I am happy to watch them anytime. Praying for your mom and stepbrothers and you, too!

angie c said...

I'm so sorry about your step-dad. Seems like so many I am connected to lately have cancer. I'll be praying for you while I'm sure you'll be traveling and attending to your family.

Amy C said...

I am really sorry to hear about your step dad. I am glad you had a great vacation though. I will pray for the comfort of you and your family.

Beck Boys said...

Sorry to hear about your step-dad. Glad you had a safe and realxing trip. We are glad to have you back!

Amy L said...

Paige - I've checked your blog periodically since you sent me the link when I asked you my outdoor wedding questions. Just wanted to let you know that I'm really sorry to hear about your stepdad, and my new husband and I will be sure to keep you & Stacy and the rest of your family in our prayers.

jenny biz said...

Praying for you and your family!

Kim Q. said...

I am sad for momma Jana! I know it wiil be hard for her to be without Tony. I am praying for her. How is G-ma Neva doing? I am sooo thankful you got to enjoy this trip! I could only imagine it wouldn't have been as enjoyable if were after the passing of Tony. I believe so strongly you will be such a source of sweet love, strength,comfort and even joy for your mom! You are an outstanding daughter. I love you