Monday, November 13, 2006

13 reasons I am behind on Blogging

I bet this number could be raised to ....well, in the hundreds. First...I am behind...because I started out behind. As soon as I got off the airplane from Cabo, we went to get the kids from MIL and FIL's house and then went straight to my moms. I feel as if my feet haven't hit the floor yet. Here are some Cabo pictures...
I even played golf! Yes, this was the first time I actually played. I didn't want to miss out on the scenery, the experience, and the time with Stacey. I only truly embarrassed myself a couple of times, but did learn I hit better out of sand traps than I do from the tee box. This picture of Stacey is one of my favorites from the trip.
The above picture is of Stacey (in the hat) body surfing. He had such a great time. The red flag was up trying to persuade you NOT to get into the water...but we did anyway. This might have been one of the waves I actually said a prayer for him to come back up. He got taken under a few times.
You should have to have a license to put on sun screen! If you know me AT ALL, from what ever point in my life, you know that I can NOT put on sunscreen!!!! I have a problem. I never get full coverage. I always leave hand prints places or streaks in odd places. Here is a wierd place. Do you see it? The freakish red spot on my arm. If only it stopped there! I looked so bad, that my sunburn actually determined what dress I would wear to dinner. I even had the spray kind of sunscreen. I think I should invest in a bodysuit thing for my kids. They will never be FULLY protected with me around.
2. Beauty.I had never seen such a thing. You don't even have to rent these by the hour. Just first come first serve. I actually only saw people on them a couple of times. I did think they were pretty. This has nothing to do with me being behind, only that I would like to be back there again. By the way, this bed is located right in front of the kiddy pool. Interesting.
3. I still have a suitcase to unpack from the trip.
4. Preschool this week was wild. We had a feast on Tuesday, which was so much fun. Daddy, Buddy, and Nana all came to Parker's feast to eat with him. Sorry Stacey that you got the kiddy plate! Thank you Nana for taking time out of your busy week to come to lunch.
5. Visitation was also Tuesday night for my stepdad. Many of my mom's friends came, and some Paris people came who knew Tony. A special person that came to me...was Kathy Stockdale. Kathy has 2 girls, Kara and Kristen. I fall between them. Growing up, I spent summers in Denton going to daycamp at my grandmother's church in Denton. The Stockdales are from Denton. I knew Kara and Kristen from then. A few years ago, when I transferred to the BSF in Denton, Kathy was the assistant Teaching Leader (I think that was her title), and Kristen was in my group!! How fun! Such a sweet family. Kristen got married during my time at BSF...and has had a baby just a few months before Emaline was born. I have kept up through emails with Kristen, but I thought it was nice for Kathy to come to the visitation (and Funeral!). I think she was there for my grandmother, but as far as I am concerned, she was there for me.
6. The funeral was on Wednesday. My mom did great! The boys did great! Jason (my stepbrother) spoke at the funeral and made it through. Have you ever heard cajun music at a funeral??? I hadn't, but it made the day special, and so unique to Tony.
7. GO EMMITT! After the funeral, my house packed up and headed to moms. We watched the finale on pins and needles, hoping our Cowboy would pull through, and he did!
8. Thursday morning around 3 am...it hit. A bug that Parker refers to as 'mommy has a bug on her face.' I thought it was from all the stress. I seem to internalize my stress (and have forever) so it always takes a toll on my body. I felt better around preschool time...so went on trucking on. Around lunch time, my body started hurting, and chills came. I couldn't wait to get come. About 5:00 I decided to take my temperature...101.0!!!! So, I apologize to my ladybug class...if you have a bug on your face too! Stacey came home, and was my knight in shining armor. He took the kids, I went straight to bed and the next thing I knew it was 4:00am. I slept again until 8:30am. Thank you Stacey for staying home this morning until I woke up so that I could rest. I feel better...but wow! I haven't been sick in a long time.
9. Emaline has a new trick! It is called, Look Mommy I can play in the toilet.


10. Laundry.
11. Stacey talked Parker into not sleeping with his beese last night! WAY TO GO HUN! WAY TO GO PARKER! He did it. We have been discussing this for a while, due to the rash around Parker's mouth and the fact he is getting close to 3 years old!!! ANd the head injury...I cannot comment due to CPS. You just can't find good sitters any more!
12. Nap time. Maybe since there is no beese...Parker doesn't think he needs to sleep. As I type, I hear shakers and tamborines going off in his room. I may give in.

13. My sweet baby girl is 10 month olds! Double digits!!! A riot this girl! She will eat anything you put in front of her. She is IN love with her daddy! I attempted to crop and enhance the above picture, but my Photoshop is not my friend right now, which is NOT good considering the number of photo sessions I have this week! Yikes!!



LOVE THIS GIRL! And her brother too, but he is truly being a stinker when my camera comes around!

9 comments:

amerriman said...

Maybe you can rest next week, you need to! I am glad you had a good time in Cabo! Love the pics of the kids. I am sure they missed you!

jenny biz said...

Your room was beautiful!! I love the golf course/beach pictures! What a gift God painted for you guys! So did you and Stacey ever visit the bed on the beach??:)

Angela Robinson said...

Wow! I think that is the most beautiful hotel I've ever seen. I want to go there!

Emaline is so pretty! Those eyes!

Sorry about the bug on your face...hope you're feeling better. I've missed ya!

The Timberframer's Wife said...

The Cabo pictures are so beautiful! That's so neat that y'all got to have that time together. Sorry about the bug on your face. I hope you can have some down-time this weekend to recuperate! Love y'all!

Laura Scott said...

Wow, what a fun trip! Thanks for returning to blog land. Looooove the update. Maybe yall should take skiing vacations? Then all you have to worry about is a little wind burn to the face :). Parker and Emaline are too cute. Hope you have a fun and relaxing week this week!

Beck Boys said...

Glad you had a good trip. Sorry about that bug. Hope you got some time to rest!

Jodi said...

I am DYING over the Cabo pics. David and I went there summer 05, and thought it was gorgeous. Stayed out of the water for the most part though... too cold for my blood. Love the pics of the kiddos too. Precious family. Hope you can rest this week. :)

Mary said...

Oh, Paige, I miss you! However, I do love reading your blog. Jaymie told me about it not long ago, and I love getting your take on things.

Margaret K said...

Love the pictures. Looks like a great time. Your sunblock stories are always so funny.