Monday, August 14, 2006

MY YELLOW BEESE!

When Parker woke up from his nap, I quickly put him on the potty so that he could go SHHEWWEE and we could really get this potty training thing going. He quickly told me to GO AWAY, like always, the boy needs his privacy. I jumped on the computer and blogged the below entry when I heard Parker yelling, MY YELLOW BEESE! BEESE: a pacifier, either green or yellow. I ran to the bathroom to see Parker still sitting on the toilet looking down into the water holding 2 green beeses (plural form of BEESE) . I asked him if the YELLOW BEESE was in the water with the shhewee, and he confimed. So, we thought about what to do next. We agreed that I would need to go in after it. No other choice.Daddy wouldn't like to hear that I flushed it. It would probably cause some major plumbing issues. I also thought that maybe this would be the end to the BEESE era, but that didn't look good since he was holding 2 others. I even came up with a story, but he wasn't buying it. So in my hand went, and straight to the trash the BEESE went. I quickly began to scrub my hand and arm like I was going to perform brain surgery or something, then I looked over at Parker.

The funeral for the BEESE didn't go so well. And the fact that I was documenting every part of the saga wasn't helping. Please don't hate me Parker, but I just had to share this story. Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Linda's Place said...

How totally cute!!! And that you captured it all even CUTER! So far so good on the toilet thing here! She knows that water is in there and that it goes down a hole but no objects have gone in there yet. I dread the day! Hopefully it won't come but even so I will have something to blog about!

jenny biz said...

That is so cute! POOR Parker! Leave it to you-to capture those dramatic poses on camera:) You should submit those pics to something. Surely some marketing genius is looking for something like that:)

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

I don't know if I should laugh or cry! Poor Parker. I don't know what is worse loosing the Yellow Beese or Mom taking pictures while he mourns his loss! Poor Parker! (Oh and poor, poor Paige for having to fish out the BEESE!...YUCK!)

angie c said...

Paige,
I just caught up on your blog and saw you ate with Jeff. I was hoping you'd post a picture of him! Who did he marry. Please tell him hello next time you see him.

p.s. the paci thing is the cutest ever... ever.

Kelly said...

He will get such a kick out of this story one day...and his future wife will absolutely LOVE that you captured it all. :)

Also, I'm going to the WOF conference as well, which will be my first one to go to. I've heard great things and look forward to it. I went to Beth Moore's conference in Okla. a few months ago and really enjoyed it. That time away can be so refreshing!

Wade said...

Funny!

This is where I'm going to struggle as a parent. I know you're not supposed to laugh outloud in these situations because it only makes them more upset - but it's just so darn funny!

Keep cool out there!

Beck Boys said...

Thanks for such a wonderful post. Tell Parker that we are sorry for his loss. I am not looking forward to the day when I take the passy away. Good job on the potty training. Keep the postings coming.

Kristen OQ said...

This was so funny! Last night we had a similiar incident...Sam was going peepee in the potty, when Seth (16 months) started putting his hand in the "stream" and splashing in the water! Somehow I managed to squelch my disgust as I threw them both straight into the bathtub for a huge scrubbing.

Ahhhh, the life of little boys...

Margaret K said...

Poor Parker! He'll let the binky go when he is ready, just hopefully not that way again.

Oh, you are just beginning the days of fishing things out of the toilet! My advice is to keep some latex gloves in the bathroom. Recently Patrick's toothpaste somehow went flying into the toilet as his dad was going potty next to him. Needless, to say we fished it out, threw it away and bought more toothpaste.

The Benson Bunch said...

Hey Paige!
I saw one of your comments on someone's page (I think it was Angie's)...Anyway, this blog is hilarious! (I can totally relate to it!) I just started blogging about 2 weeks ago...it is fun! I read through some of yours and loved it! Just wanted to say Hi! Julie Benson (Monroe)

Angela Robinson said...

Ok, Paige. I'm completey torn. I want to feel sorry for Parker...I mean, that sad little face...oh his anguish. But at the same time, I am laughing so hard, I dont know when I'll stop. It must have been so hard for you to be there in person!

Thanks for yet another hillarious post. This is quickly becoming one of my favorite blogs to check. Do you mind if I add a link to it from mine?