Sunday, August 21, 2011

Don't like your story?

I keep being in awe of the lessons I am learning from Rick Atchley at the Hills church, and from Chris Hatchett.

Today, in class, begins a time where we will share our story. Chris started out the series by giving part of his story. He also quoted a book about 'stories' and basically said- if you don't like your story, then change it! I love that idea. It does help mentally to think, YES, I can change it.

What if other people are writing chapters in your book?

How does that work?

Chris also spoke about about conflict, about even though we don't like it, it's an important part of our story, it makes up our story.

Yes it does! As I think back over my 'story' it is full of conflict. I have always said- I have a choice. I can choose to be a better wife, a better mother, a better sister, a better daughter. I have a choice of what examples in my life I will choose to follow.

We watched Chronicles of Narnia for the first time this weekend. We watched the last one. Still haven't seen first ones, but I was meant to watch this one. It spoke to me a few different times.

I thank the Lord for loving me. For being enough! He is who fills me! He is whom I aim to please. He can fill me with JOY! I will be stronger. I know that. He has walked me through some of these same struggles over and over in my life. He is always there, again and again. He NEVER lets me down. HE never hurts me. Oh HOLY Father, fill me with your SPIRIT!

.... and hopefully my next post will be full of laughter and goodness.

No comments: