Sunday, June 27, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

For Father's day we went to visit some great friends who have moved back to Texas! They do live in AUSTIN, but hey, we will take that over Chicago!!! These pictures are a bit out of order, so I will give you the schedule first:
Friday: arrive, eat delicious fajita dinner that Angie and Ryan fixed for us. Stayed up late talking
Saturday: woke up early and ate amazing breakfast that Angie made, headed to lake to pick up boat for the boy's father's day gift, relaxed, went to Salt Lick, watched movie
Sunday: went to church, lunch, then headed home

We went to Salt Lick. SO GOOD. Carter sure thinks so!



Bowden liked the butter. Not the bread, but the butter!

I was there! SEE!


Angie was excited about her sandwich! Bowden's favorite part was when we were leaving the musician had started playing, and he wanted to dance. DANCE, but he said sing. He kept saying: I SING! I SING! As I pulled him through the hundreds of people.
On our way to the boat!

Here we are on our boat!



Some swimming.







And the father's! RESTING!
One note about church. Angie and Ryan go to the same church as Colt McCoy. In the bulletin on Sunday, there was a note that announced a shower for Colt and his fiance. It said something like this: all teens must be accompanied by an adult, please out of respect for couple, no video, no cameras, and no autographs. Stacey wanted to stay for the shower because Colt was going to speak, but after all the restrictions he decided that we should just head home. Okay, so I'm joking a bit on that part, but I thought it was nice the church was celebrating him just like a normal guy. Another church note: we went to get the kids from children's church and Bowden passed me, gave me a high five and took out in a dead sprint through the hundreds of people standing in foryer and headed straight for the door of the church we have never attended before. DEAD SPRINT! He didn't slow, he didn't turn around and check to see where I was... he was gone. SO, guess who else hit a sprint: ME! I did say excuse me as I pushed my way through! BTW, this has now happened 3 times! AUSTIN, Sports Camp, and tonight at Christ Haven. DEAD SPRINT! I thought I would never harness a child, but I am considering it. Well, maybe.
Thanks Merriman Family for hosting us. We miss you very much!

No comments: