Monday, August 25, 2008

momma, I have a bead in my ear

Last night, I was talking to a client on the phone, when my precious darling came in and told me that he had a bead in his ear. Emaline had put it there. I got off the phone...to investigate. He had once told me that he put granola bar in his ear, which he hadn't so I wasn't sure if he was telling the truth. UH, he was. After some investigation, all charges against Emaline were dropped. Parker had put it in his own ear, but SHE had told him to LAST TUESDAY! I could see it, but not remove it. It was purple, and round. I attempted once to remove it, and was unsuccessful. I called the dependable nurse practioner from Paris, and great friend Elisha, to ask what to do next! She said a physician would need to remove it. At 8:00am I got an 8:30 appointment. MIL met me there because over the phone they said if they were unable to remove it, we would need to go the emergency room. Good 'ol doc was able to remove the bead after a few attempts. She said she would have sent us to the ENT if she wasn't able to get it out. I am just glad that she was able to get it out. The doctor warned Parker about putting things in his ear, or nose. When P told her that E had told him to do it, Dr. just kind of laughed and told him NOT to do what his younger sister tells him to. AMEN sister. So I thought you would want to see our expensive plastic bead!

5 comments:

Kelly said...

That's a story that will be told forever! Glad everyone is OK. :)

Margaret K said...

Ah, reminds me of when my niece told my nephew to cut her hair. Gotta watch out for those little sisters!

Beck Boys said...

what fun! I think there will be many more trips like this in our future.

Shelby said...

Kade did the same thing when he was four only he put one in each ear and I did not find them until 2 weeks later! The things kids do.

powellmomma3 said...

whitleigh put a bead in her nose only she was to afraid to tell me it was stuck so she told her dance teacher who was able to get it out. Now that is an awsome dance teacher to pick another childs nose. no wonder we drive her and hour and half one one to dance.