Sunday, August 24, 2008

A good gift

I had a fabulouso time at Women of Faith with some friends. I always look forward to it, and am never disappointed. I am a NEW HUGE fan of Nicole C. Mullins. I NEVER know who sings what on the radio...NOW I KNOW her voice. AND for those of you who were there....who has already hit the gym???I mean really! I arm curled my blowdryer today just for the heck of it. That girl is SOOO ripped.

I always bring gifts back for my kids when I go to Women of Faith. This year was no exception. I brought back my bigger darlings bibles. They are so cool. CAMO! My kids have bibles, but they have pictures in them. These are REAL bibles. Parker is already quoting scripture. He thinks he is cool....but this blog is about Emaline. We made a big deal of bringing their bibles to church today. We put them in their 'keep me busy' bag. Our speaker today, (Joel is still on leave until tonight) Brian Miller asked everyone to get out their bibles....

EMALINE jumped up, reached in her bag, pulled out her pink camo bible and YELLED:

I got my bible JESUS!

Isn't that how we should be? Thank you Emaline for showing me how I should act! I love you!

9 comments:

JB said...

That is precious! I hope everyone heard Emaline! So cute!

DebMc said...

Precious Emaline!
I'm inspired by Nicole's ripped arms. Me the non music gal is planning to down load some of her songs to my iPod. Great workout music!
Wish I'd seen you there!

Margaret K said...

Sweet Emaline! What a great example.

tamandscott said...

That's so funny! I just came home from it and looked her up all over the internet. I LOVED her! I have also been singing "When you call on Jesus..." Loved it!

Jami said...

I was so blessed by this weekend! Love and miss you friend!!!
I just knew that they were going to love their new Bibles....so wish I had been there to hear that!

Jennifer said...

I went too and had a wonderful time. I love her and Natalie Grant too!!

Beck Boys said...

What a great story. I love kids. They are so good and pure. Hope things are getting easier for you. Brian Miller? Aggie? He and his family were at A & M while we were there. He is a great speaker (if it is the same one)

Jodi said...

That is the bestest story ever. :)

The Timberframer's Wife said...

And to think I was proud my son just stopped hollering "I'm not going to church anymore!" when he sees the driveway. I see we have a long way to go, now that I've read your Emaline story. I bet Women of Faith was sooooo good. Mr. Bowden is sure a handsome little chunk! I loved your bead story. When, exactly, does common sense fully engage?