Wednesday, January 16, 2008

what am I doing?

Yep, that was my thought today about bringing a third child into this world! I mean seriously, I will never leave the house. Today, we met up with MIL to get Parker after BSF at McDonald's, last week was Chickfila, and that story will follow, but as we were eating, Emaline yells, IT'S COMING OUT! You ask what? Well, I won't tell you specifics, but just know that we ran to the bathroom. MIL stayed back with P. After a good 5 minutes of answering every question Emaline had while taking care of business, I hear MIL tell me now Parker is in the room and he needs to go. I quickly get E cleaned up and hands washed and out the door to MIL and now I on POOP duty with P. As I leaned against the door, over and over pondering if I will ever leave my house again, Parker starts asking me how big my baby is. I continued to encourage him to HURRY I would like to eat my lunch. He finished up, AND by the way, any help on teaching a kid how to wipe himself would be greatly appreciated!!! Just think, what would I have done of MIL would not have been there, or if a 3rd baby would have? I plan to loose my weight quickly after this baby, because I will NOT be eating at fast food restaurants! Or any restaurants for that matter!


Now to Chickfila. I am not a mom to go into the play area with my kids, or I wasn't. I sit where I can see them, and be accessible. Last week MIL and I were chatting while the kids were playing, and out comes a 5-6 year old girl running out of the play area with tears streaming and TOTALLY upset. I quickly jumped to my feet and ran to the play area where I could hear Emaline screaming. I climbed the play equipment like I was on American Gladiators! When I got to the top I saw Parker (also crying) telling E it was okay, just follow him down the slide. He repeated this over and over, AND he could see me. He was in shock. I grabbed Emaline and started rocking her and asking Parker if he could tell me what happened. He explained that a boy with black hair basically help him hostage in the helicopter! That boy with black hair was pulling that girl's hair and being so mean! He and Emaline couldn't escape. I got Emaline calm and slid her down the slide behind Parker. I couldn't see a boy with black hair. I SLOWLY made my exit from the play equipment and met my children at the bottom. Another mom was there waiting and asked me if I knew what happened. I retold Parker's words and grabbed our shoes and we went to sit with MIL to calm the kids down, who were still extremely upset. I needed to go to the restroom, after all my climbing (personal I know!) and ran into the girl and her mom. I asked if she was okay, and she was able to tell me some more of what had happened, but her mom was quick to tell me that the boy had come to apologize! My first thought...WHAT ABOUT MY KIDS! As I made my way back to the table, MIL explained the boy with black hair did come by our table with his mom and did apologize to my children. I have relived rushing up those twist and turns to see my son with tears rolling down his face yelling for his sister to follow him. He was truly scared. I just want to take that from him. Even today, Parker asked MIL if the boy with black hair was going to be where we ate lunch. I have used our Chickfila experience as an incredible teaching moment, and still do. I have learned from this experience as well, and will do my best to monitor the playground for bullies, with a baby strapped to me somewhere, IF I ever eat in public after the next 5 months!
And, I need to post a Happy Birthday Mamma! She turned 80 and we celebrated with an outing to Babe's and back to my house for cake!

Mamma with grandchildren (minus Wyatt) and great grandchildren!

6 comments:

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

Oh man!!!

That makes me so very sad for p and e. I hate bullies and I hate bullies who mess with my lil couz.

on another note, get your boodie over to Recollections. the e's and p's are on sale. you know the cardboard ones-50% off! if you can't go call me, i will get you a few if you still need them.

Phillips Family said...

I hate bullies! I am such a former teacher on any park/fast food playground and make the bad kids obey the rules.

Get yourself a Bjorn or a hotsling for that baby number 3 and just planning on wearing him/her (is it soon enough to tell???) everywhere you go.

Marianne said...

Bullies! Bless Parker's little heart. Trying so hard to protect his family. Makes me want to cry.

So, your grandmother looks great on her 80th birthday. Loved seeing the pictures of Lindsay and Taylor. Please give them all my love.

And, when is #3 due? Can't keep it straight.

Love you

Shelly said...

You are right about not going places w/ #3. It is just harder. Today I am needing to go to the mall and I am literally SCARED. : ) We've gone out a few times and things have gone okay but reading your post makes me seriously reconsider doing something like that any time soon again. Your poor babies!!

Amy L said...

Poor P & E! How scary for them. Bullies stink!

The Timberframer's Wife said...

I found myself infuriated in Bible class by a young wild-haired three year old who pretended to shoot my unsuspecting son who was trying to be good in class and informed him he was never to "shoot my boy.... ever... again" in my teacher voice. Actually, the extent of your travels with three will depend in large part on how many times you are willing to load and unload, how long that takes, how far apart the restrooms are, and how much spontaneous attention you are willing to draw to yourself in a public place. You will do great, and it is sooooo much fun, and your arms will be so strong!