Monday, January 21, 2008

SHUT UP!

Said at dinner tonight


P: Shut UP!

MOMMY: What did you say (my really not thinking he said it)?

P: Shut UP!

M: Who were you saying that to?

P: My heart. It was not being very nice.

M: What did it say?

P: It was saying my name!

M: It was saying Parker?

P: Yes, but it wasn't being nice.


So I spent the next few minutes discussing how we don't say this to anyone. I don't say it to him, and he doesn't repeat it to anyone. ALTHOUGH I do say this when someone tells me something that I can't believe, in an acceptable funny tone, which I will NOT be saying again. I did ask him where he heard it, and of course he said TV.

E's birthday weekend was so much fun! We had an E party for her! I totally stole the idea from Martha Stewart, but we decorated with all pink and had E's everywhere. Thank you Auntie for the help! We had E cookies, an E cake, and cupcakes in the shape of an E. We had pink marshmallows, pink pretzels, and pink strawberry Whoppers. She wore a pink E shirt made by Mammy. Below was the invitation I sent out, minus my personal info. Party pictures to come!

7 comments:

JB said...

What an adorable party theme! Love the invitations too! You'll have to post pics of the party.

Kelly said...

Great party idea and such cute invitations!

Jennifer said...

What a fun idea! The invites are super cute.

That's so funny about Parker saying that. I too say "shut up" when I hear something ridiculous or funny but I make sure to not say it in front of the kids. However, it's hard when I'm taking H to school and he hears a commercial on the radio and the lady says "stupid" really loud. It's so hard to shelter them from it all!!

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

adorable!

Now I am curious, why was Parker's heart talking mean to him? :)

daughteroftheking said...

I love the party theme! I too love the invitations! You are so creative girl.

Erin said...

Hey girl...I still check your blog from time to time and what a cute idea for a party...I might have to totally steal it for when Kayden turns 3....and congrats on the new baby :)

The Benson Bunch said...

That is an awesome idea (even if you stole it!)

I used to always say "Shut up" like that...I have been trying to say "No Way!" instead...but it's not as fun. :)