Wednesday, November 07, 2007

JUST STOP IT!

You hear me little girl! STOP GROWING! My heart aches that my little one has now moved into her big girl bed. 4 nights down, and doing great. She loves it. When Parker transitioned it was tough. I was pregnant, and lying down with him at every nap and attempting to sneak out. Of course, a 7 month girl can't gracefully go from laying down on a trundle, to the upright position with out waking one little boy up! This sweet baby has done amazing. Mommy and Daddy at different occasions have layed down with her, but not because we needed to make sure she didn't get up, but because we wanted to snuggle with her. One thing that has changed since the Big Girl Bed, is her waking up time!!! Chalk some of it to Daylight savings, but COME ONE! This little one could sleep until 10:00am if I would let her....now, it is 6:45am!!! I need those extra hours! I guess she would wake up in her crib and play and go back to sleep kind of like a morning nap. That has been a huge change! My baby is getting closer to 2. She loves to jump. She loves chocolate milk. She loves pancakes for breakfast. She loves her daddy. She loves Phil Joel's Good Morning song! (YOU MUST get this cd if you have children, warning, you will listen to Deliberate Kids even if the kids aren't in the car! Parker can resite the Lord's Prayer because of this cd and ALMOST knows all the books in the new testament!) Back to baby. She doesn't like TV. She likes babies, LOVES babies! She likes to brush her teeth. She is one sweet thing! First night in big girl bed.
Parker showing us that there is enough room for him. She has a full size bed.
And the first morning picture!!! She didn't even try to get out. She just called for me. It isn't quite like P who used to knock on the door to let me know he was awake.

11 comments:

JB said...

LOVE the pj's! Too cute!

What's the name of the CD?

Stacia said...

Oh my goodness! You give me hope with Linden that moving him to a big boy bed soon is going to be okay. Are you a little sad to move her out of the crib? You are the best mom to take her picture before the first night and the next morning.

By the way, my kids are waking up WAY early due to daylight savings as well. Bummer. Before 7:00 too early anytime.

Margaret K said...

What is it with the daylight savings time? I have heard lots of people say this about their kids (I am lucky my kids are still sleeping late as usual - remember black out shades). I am so happy for Emaline and her big girl bed! She is just so grown up lately. It is so cute how some kids call for you instead of getting out of bed. Patrick did that until he was 4! Parker was a precious pony.

Pearson Family said...

JB, the cd is by Phil Joel and is named Deliberate Kids. Stacey bought it on Itunes.

Stacia, sad!! YES. We still have the crib up in the corner just in case, but we haven't used it yet. It is going VERY smoothly! XX (fingers crossed!)

Margaret, I just may need one of those BLACK OUT SHADES! When Parker climbs into my bed, he says, MOM, you can get up, the sky is blue, just look out the window!

Margaret K said...

Black out shades at Walmart - $4. Dark curtains on top of that - Lowes $30. Noise machine or loud fan - $15..having to wake up your kids after 12 hours...priceless.

Kelly said...

Way to Emaline!

Yeah, daylight savings is for the birds! We've gone back and forth between 5:30 and 6:00 a.m. every morning over here!!!! Good times.

Jennifer said...

I'm not ready for the big bed yet!

I'm glad she made a smooth transition!

Rachel said...

She is growing so fast! What a big girl! Daylight savings is killing me, too. We went from waking up at 8:30 or 9:00 to 6:30 or 7. Yuck.

jenny biz said...

I am so proud of that Emaline!

Beck Boys said...

She is growing so fast. Brazos made the transition before we were ready but now it is great. They just get big so fast. The pictures are great.

daughteroftheking said...

So excited for you and jealous at the same time! It's been quite the challenge with E!