Sunday, May 13, 2007

So proud

I am proud to be a mom of 2 wonderful children, a wife to an incredible husband, but this past weekend I must recognize my mom. This weekend, my little family of 4 loaded up the car on Thursday night and headed to Kansas to my mom's graduation with her masters. We drove to Witchita first and arrived about 1:30am when the kids got their second wind. Emailne loved the hotel beds.



I think we got to sleep around 2:30 and up again at 6:30 because that is Parker's internal alarm clock time! We had a good breakfast at the hotel and headed to Hays, Kansas.


When we got to Hays, we met up with my mom, sister, and grandmother. It was a fun time with family. We headed to a nurse recognition ceremony.
Parker was a little tired after the ceremony.
My kids ADORE aunt la, we just don't see her that much. She is extra trendy and stylish. Parker thinks so too!Parker also got a MUCH needed hair cut!Here he is starting a new fashion trend. These are really some of my favorite!
We put the kids in mom's hat. Parker really liked the tassel.
All of our hotel rooms were right beside each other, so the kids enjoyed going between the rooms.

Have you heard of Fort Hays State University? Well, it was in the news this past weekend because the oldest lady in the WORLD graduated with her bachelors. She is 95 years old and even graduated with her grandaughter. The Govenor was there, and People magazine. CRAZY!
The green dress is the Govenor of Kansas. I think Nola's grandaughter even helped by giving her something. It was hard to see. I took this photo by holding up my camera and hoped for the best. This lady got a LONG standing ovation, which was very moving.

Here is mom coming into the ceremony.

It was even crazier to think that my kids were going to sit through 2000 graduates! I took lots of toys and crayons, but in an arena with NO AIR CONDITIONING, we headed outside! I hope mom didn't mind, but she graduated in the first 20 minutes and we had 1.5 hours to go. AUnt La picked up some CHEEZY Doritos, and Stacey found an orange Gatorade and outside we went to find some shade. It was so hot!I grabbed some great pictures of stylin' Emaline and Cheezy Parker.
The next 2 photos are precious. Can you guess what dance he is doing in the middle of the pasture parking lot?

All the marathon photos to say, Mom, we are all proud of you and were glad we were your PEOPLE at your program. We love you! I know Pappa was smiling.

Happy Mother's day everyone, and thanks Stacey, Parker and Emaline for making this one special for me.

8 comments:

jenny biz said...

Congrats Nana!! What a HUGE accomplishment! Those are some awesome pictures!! Love the chicken dance pics!

Beck Boys said...

Love the pictures. Congrats on the long trip. Those trips can me trying but you will have some really good memories from it. Hope you had a wonderful mothers day.

Jennifer said...

That is so neat about your mom. I know you are very proud of her. Way to go!!

Margaret K said...

Congratulations to your mom! Awesome pictures. I finally see a resemblance between you and your sis in the third picture of her. How special of you guys to make the drive up there for the ceremony.

Rachel said...

GREAT pictures. I especially love the cool shades and the chicken dance.

Kelly said...

What great pictures as usual! :)

Amy C said...

WHat wonderful memories. I know you all had a wonderful mothers day. Looks like you had so much fun.

Marianne said...

I am so proud of your mother!!! Give her my love and congratulations on an incredible accomplishment. Loved all the pictures of your precious family. Especially love seeing pictures of La.
Love you!
Marianne