Wednesday, September 27, 2006

So Sorry blogland

I have really fallen down on my job. I can't believe it has been one week since I blogged. I have thought many times through the week~ I MUST blog about this. However, if I made it to my computer, the internet was down, or I had a co-typer, or someone was attempting to climb the chair! Some updates you missed out on:
Should I go ahead and make this my 13 for tomorrow....YES!
1. Friday night Emaline attended her first High School Football game. She had a blast. We went to the Fossil Ridge and Marcus game. It was FR's homecoming, so Emaline LOVED looking at all the mums and action.
2. Mums. I really did think these went out of style in the 90's. NOT SO! They have gotten larger and brighter and OBVIOUSLY more expensive and intensive. I think intensive would be a great word. These things were huge. They light up, the hang from pearls and feathers and adorn sashes creating 1 large ornament for the body. The largest we saw was 6 full mums. 3 on the front, and 3 on the back, think Ms. America. The garters were just as large.
3. Did you know they have guys on the flag corp dancing association at half time? I get boy cheerleaders. I do NOT get dancing guys wearing skirts on a football field.
4. Parker LOVED the football game, but he was more interested in the blow up animals the football teams ran through.
5. We actually made it through half time before we had to make our exit. We met some really nice people who put up with knees in their backs, trips to the potty, Emaline pulling hair, stepping on garter ribbons, borrowing pompons, standing on seats, and a little yelling here or there not relating to the game.
6. Saturday morning was very fun, and wet. A huge step in my new business as we went to the bank. During our bank visit, the flood gates opened and we were stuck there a little while. Water was rushing into the bank and lightening kept switching the bank alarm off and so the alarm company kept calling. I thought that was interesting.
7. Sunday we went to lunch with MIL and SIL and niece. We were eating at a local restaurant when a strange lady behind us asked if we lived close. Then she pointed to a young lady at her table and said that the girl was a GREAT babysitter. Sure. Like I was going to let a complete stranger babysit my kids. No thanks. When they got up to leave, they stopped by our table again and began to talk to us. Nice people. Then I read the other young lady's top. It said Camp Deer Run! YIPPEE! She was so excited I had heard of it. Heard of it, girl! I worked there. NO WAY! Yes way. When...blah, blah, blah, then said something about Paris! WHAT! Okay get this. This girl I was talking to, her mom(the lady who asked if we lived close) married a guy who went to my home church back in Paris. He was a single dad raising 2 girls when I was little. He then moved to Abilene, went to Riuduso(sp) at a single parent retreat, met this lady and they married and blended their family. So, the babysitter girl was talking to Stacey, come to find out, Stacey knows her dad. He is the president of a children's home around here and Stacey has met with him for lunch a few times. 2 women, sisters, 2 girls cousins. Strange girl, really isn't so strange now. Kind of cool, huh!?
8. Sunday night we went to a local park with some church friends. Had a blast enjoying this weather.
9. Emaline is doing something so cute right now. She will begin to crawl towards me. I will walk towards her. When we get close to each other, she stops, sits straight up, and raises her hands in the air for me to pick her up. So cute!
10. She has cut 2 more teeth. That is 8 if you are counting. She is now biting us! Not fun.
11. Parker today decided he would play a DDD all by himself. This was after he picked up my cell phone and called a friend and told them he couldn't find me. Scary! I was just in the next room. I will be hiding my cell phone from now on. And remote controls. It took me a few minutes to change everything back to where it should be.
12. I made a tutu! It is orange! It is SO cute. I am planning on using it during pumpkin patch pictures!
13. The most disturbing. Today, Parker was getting his hair cut today when he was telling LaLa all about preschool. He said he didn't like his teachers (not true) then he said " My teachers don't like me." My heart hurt for him. Neither of these comments were true! I know his teachers, they love him. I don't know where he heard this. I don't know if he really knows what it means. His voice even got sad. Maybe on a cartoon there was a lesson on making friends or something. I hope he doesn't REALLY think his teachers don't like him. Any ideas??????

Have you checked out my photography blog.... click on the link over there-----

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was begining to wonder about you. Thanks for the update. The photo blog is great. Congratulations on getting it started, what a dream come true!!!

Karl, Andrea, Kaden and Leland said...

You go gril! Love the P3 site.

I hope that you got to enjoy all of the Friday night football! I have to say that it runs a real close favorite right along with Aggie Football.

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

Good to see you back, I was wondering about you! Love the pictures-I know you will do great, I will keep you in mind next time I need photos made!

Phillips Family said...

I am so making Tobe get me a mum that lights up!

That is insane!

jenny biz said...

What fun, interesting things! I sure hope Malaya never wants a mum that big. I can't afford it and definitely don't have the creativity to make it!!

Margaret K said...

Patrick used to say DDD. So cute! Remember to call me if you need me to babysit. I am here to help and I am always free for friends!