Wednesday, March 04, 2009

The things kids say

Do you ever want to run away from your kids in public...or pretend they aren't yours!? Okay, maybe it is just me.

checking out at Big Lots:
E: mommy, that lady only has 2 teeth.
M: Yes she does honey.
E: Why?
M: not sure (SO BRUSH YOURS LIKE CRAZY SO THAT DOESN'T HAPPEN!)

in Kroger
M: guys, move over here by my cart so this lady can get by.
E: mommy, is that a guy or a gurl?
M: shhhhh! honey.
E: mommy, is that a guy or a gurl?
M: I'm not sure....shhhhh!
E: MOMMY! IS THAT A GUY OR A GURL?
M: I DON'T KNOW!
(and unfortunately this happened from this aisle to EVERY aisle since we kept criscrossing each other! AND I still don't know).

p: mommy, that guys fingernails are painted. Boys don't paint their fingers!
M: well, honey, sometimes they do....
P: no they don't
M: well sometimes....
P: and they don't have long hair.
M: sometimes they do
P: NO they don't!

In Target
M: Parker quit dancing like that here.
P: MOMMY, but boys can dance with their HIPS!
M: Honey, NOT HERE!

I wish that some of these don't call me MOMMY right off! Totally give away that they belong to me! AND I LOVE them!

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

I love that! My girls favorite question is always...is he/she a boy or girl? Today Lauren asked me if that lady was the baby's mommy or nana?? So embarrassing!!!

amerriman said...

Love those kids!

The Timberframer's Wife said...

What's bad is when you see someone and can anticipate the inappropriately loud question the kids will be asking within microseconds, but you don't know for sure which mouth to cover. And I cannot believe you actually put the poop on the blog. But that flower pot picture is precious! You've got neat kids there!