Tuesday, August 30, 2005

God bless the effort

As I returned home from Paris (Texas) today, I was tired. Parker was tired. We had a LONG 2.5 hour trip home. The air conditioner was up full blast the entire way. Parker slept a total of 25 minutes in the car, his only nap of the day. He was up until 11:00 last night, and I was up until 12:00 for 2 nights in a row and 2:00 am before that. Dead tired. When we got home, I was hoping to carry Parker into his bedroom for maybe an hour of sleep...he was't having that. Cry...cry...moan...MOMMY...cry...cry.
So I went to get him out of bed. I decided we needed something to drink after our long drive and Parker agreed. As I walked towards the kitchen...I see an oasis...no. There is really a puddle of water standing in the middle of the kitchen. 3 or 4 surrounding puddles are there as well. I try to evaluate the situation. The freezer and fridge door are closed. No other sources that I can find. The water doesn't lead to an appliance. I called Stacey to ask him WHY there was water standing in my kitchen floor upon my arrival. I wasn't very nice to say the least. I had gone through a tough 3 hours...WHY WATER?? He said that he had run the dishwasher that morning before he left for work. But the water didn't lead to the dishwasher. I was too tired to investigate any more. A few hours later, and after Stacey had gotten home, I decided to unload that dishwasher. Top drawer, clean and put away. Bottom drawer, not so clean. I decided to run it again. As I opened the cabinet under the sink, I realize what is sitting in front of the dishwasher detergent, yep you guessed it, dishwasher LIQUID. My beautiful hearted, fantastic husband put DISHWASHING LIQUID into the dishwasher. It must have been like in the movies or commericals due to the standing water and how far it reached into our kitchen. I took the bottle of liquid to Stacey and asked him if he put 'this' into the washer, and he said yes. He still didn't know what was wrong. I explained. He laughed, then I was able to laugh. As I started the dishwasher for the second time...more bubbles poured from the bottom of the dishwasher. Parker loved it. I only wish that we would have been here earlier in the day to experience the major bubblefest. Thank you Stace for being helpful, and I am sorry I wasn't so nice, but I didn't say any words that can't be found in the New Testament!!! LOL!!

2 comments:

jenny biz said...

Love it!! That is a great story. I am not quite sure if I can let that one go next time I see Stacey. Bless his sweet heart. Ya' gotta' love em'. They try so hard. But I must admit-----I HAVE DONE THAT BEFORE!!!!

Stacey Pearson said...

Yes, you did not say anything that was not in the NT, that is good. You gotta love my honest mistakes. Thought i was doing good and trying to have things in order when you got home, but oh well. Sometimes you screw things up worse when you are trying to fix them! Love U. IM Out.