Sunday, August 18, 2013

Hail Dear ol Deer Run....


 Well, it's been since 1997- 16 years since I had been to Camp Deer Run. My oldest was finally old enough to over night camp. I surprised him with a decorated trunk. He loved it! I used the Chalk Paint Pens to decorate it so we could reuse it for other stuff too.

 On our way to Winnsboro we drove a little out of our way to go to a peach farm. It was SO MUCH fun. The kids had a blast and we bought a HUGE box of peaches for $20! We had some peach ice cream, tasted some peaches, and looked around their store. It was delightful. I could work at a place like that.

 I had only heard of Muscadine Jelly on Duck Dynasty so I was excited when I saw a jar. I didn't buy it, but of course had to get my picture made.







 Brain Freeze!
 They had all these decorations around the store. We thought they were funny!

 NOW, finally on way to Winnsboro!
 There it is!
 Wait! Is that a Morgan friend greeting us as we pulled in, why yes it is!
 Daddy pulling the trunk on wheels. It was perfect!

 Bowden was in stick heaven!

 His Counselor!
 His cabin backed up to the Horse Hill.  Can we say PERFECT!
 Canteen.
 OH WAIT, there's mom's name!
 AND I ran into an old friend there. We grew up at church together in Paris, and were on staff together as well at CDR.


 Here is Stacy and her dad Fred. Love that man. Many a memory with him at Lamar Avenue.
 One of Stacy's and one of mine. Future campers.
 Love you guy. Fall more in love with Jesus while you are here, just like I did.


 (Please just leave! No more pictures please!)


 A friend from his cabin. We ran into him just a few weeks later at Six Flags. He lives in Tyler.
The boy and his stick!!

It was hard driving off, but I knew he was in good hands. He would be covered by prayers. He would make friends and memories that would last a life time. Oh sweet boy. I love you! We emailed him every day along with family. He even wrote back- once. But, hey, he was only gone Sunday- Friday morning. I thought that was good.

No comments: