Monday, June 15, 2009

Shorts, Wendy's, and Kissers

Emaline has been refusing to wear shorts. REFUSING! She doesn't seem to mind the heat and I couldn't convince her otherwise. I gave in and went and bought her some light weight yoga pants so that she can be a bit cooler than her jeans. The girl even pulled out some velour pants a few days ago! She even wears pants to gymnastics over her gym suit! WHY you ask? She doesn't want her thighs to show! I was able to get her to verbalize this to me after a huge fit yesterday. HUGE FIT! Now, I might be a bit on the heavy side for me right now, but I really don't complain about it to her. Even if I have to change clothes because things don't fit, if she is around, I really watch my attitude and my words. I don't want her to be self conscience and see her body anything from perfect (I wish I did). All that to say, not sure where she learned to hide her thighs! Tonight was the first night of a sports VBS camp that her and Parker are attending. I sweet talked her into going and picking out her favorite pair of shorts. She came back and said:
Mommy, here they are. But don't worry, when I wear them I will not look at these (rubbing her thighs)! Where does she get this stuff?

Parker on the other hand, is going to be cut off from radio and tv. We had gymnastics, that ended at 5 and camp started at 6 so we had a treat and ate out tonight. I cook all week and then we eat out on Fridays, so eating out tonight was a big treat, depending on how you look at it. I told the kids the plan, and Parker immediately asked if we could eat fast food. I said sure, that was the plan since we don't have time for anything else. It went like this:
P: mom, can we eat fast food
M: sure, that is the plan
P: can we eat Wendy's or Subway (2 places we never go, not because we don't like it, just don't go there)
M: Sure babe.
P: great. I want Wendy's because it is better than fast food.
M: What did you say?
P: it is WAY better than fast food, that is what the radio says.

Guess where we went and ate? He said it was the best food ever. OUch.

B. ALMOST 1! I can't stand it! He is so mobile, and QUICK! He has a temper, must have got it from his daddy. He loves balls, and he can throw them! He will throw a ball and chase it down only to throw it again and chase it. He loves to wave and clap. He loves to be like Hudini and escape from shopping carts and strollers. I spent an entire Target shopping experience holding a standing almost 1 year old in the front of the cart. People were looking so strange at me, like I was encouraging him, or didn't I know the saftely rules! After 8 times of rebuckling, I just gave in. It was easier! He loves to eat. He loves to push chairs across the kitchen floor. He loves to hit the TV and rearrange all the WII remotes. He loves his sister and brother, but lets them know when he was had enough. He loves to kiss me! Probably because I tell him he is the best kisser in the world. Stacey understands, don't feel bad for him.

We have another contract on another house. Hopefully this one goes through!

1 comment:

The McCarter Family said...

Bless Emaline's little heart! I hate that! I have to be very careful what I say about myself in front of the girls too! They pick up on everything. I hope she gets over it soon b/c she has NOTHING to be self-conscious about!!! Thanks for the funny stories!