Friday, January 16, 2009

3 years ago today





I was spending a fabulous day with my friend Anne and Parker. We had big plans! We were to clean the house, organize a nursery, pack my bags and of course enjoy the time we had together. AND guess what we did? Sat on the couch and played with Parker all day...until it was time to go to my SIL's house for a FABULOUS dinner prepared by mammy and aunt dee. OOPS. WE didn't accomplish anything, but that was okay because I had 2 more days until my scheduled c-section. On the way to Kennedale we stopped to buy one of those garden flags to hang outside my house that said something girlish. On the way to Michael's, I began to look at my watch...ouch...just a small pain. I joked with my friend Anne that it was her driving that was doing it to me. I had to stop a moment in Michael's because I was having a wierd pain. Looked at my watch...and we continued to Kennedale. We made a pact (I think that is how you spell that) don't tell anyone I am having these pains. Keep it to ourselves because we don't want to get everyone excited. I knew that once I could lay down and go to sleep they would go away...I just had to make it through dinner. Anne stayed with us for dinner. Mammy and Dee outdid themselves. IF my memory serves me corret, we had fried chicken, mashed potatoes, pea salad, and homemade peach cobbler. I am sure there was more, but this is what I remember. Anne and I sat with the kids in the kitchen, with Leslie, and I think Dee was there. Half way through dinner, Leslie looked at me and asked how far along there were! WHAT! She confessed she had seen me checking my watch quite often and saw they were getting closer. Busted. I told everyone, they were like 12 minutes apart...I knew they would stop once I got relaxed like they had nights before. We got home from SIL's house, only to have them a bit closer. I laid on the bed while Stacey bathed P. Finally, I couldn't take it. We called the doctor and told us to come on in... I had just seen him hours earlier during the pre-op. Nothing was going on then! He was nice, and said he was already at the hospital so come on up. We called sweet Jenny who came over to be with Parker. We called family on the way...TOLD EVERYONE TO STAY PUT until we knew anything. My MIL almost beat us to the hospital. I loved to hear my FIL say that he had just laid down in bed literally to get right back out. Many of the family made it over to Grapevine before she was born.... and the rest showed up during business hours the next day!

SO, my darling daughter had a mind of her own from the very beginning. She was born tomorrow morning at 1:26 am!!!

7 comments:

Amy L said...

I LOVE those lollipop pictures - Happy Birthday, E!?

Phillips Family said...

I think she is just the most beautiful thing ever!

I can remember being at birthday club right before you had her and everyone was speculating what sweet Emaline's name was going to be!

jenny biz said...

Precious girl!! I remember holding her for the first time!!

Miss G said...

So fun! Thanks for sharing these memories with us! Kelly

Kelly said...

Adorable and fun story!

Molly Woodall said...

Happy b'day to you
Happy b'day to you
Happy b'day dear Emaline.....
Happy b'day to you!!!!!
WoooOHOOOOOO!

Ok...Mommy will you sing this to her for me since I can't be there?

Alyssa said...

Happy Birthday Sweet E!!!! We are so thankful to know and love you :)