Friday, October 17, 2008

you like me!

hooray! people still like us! Thank you for all of your comments! Now, to answer a couple of questions or comments....The google reader is amazing if you need encouragement! It does take a little time putting in all your blogs, but it keeps a list of all your blogs and highlights when someone has updated. When you open the blog to read in their screen, to the right of the title is a little arrow that will take you to that post on their blog where you will see they have changed their template 2-3 times since you last checked! Ha! You also may need to check some of the blogs to see if you are seeing their entire blog. I have a sweet cousin that google reader only shows her first 3-4 lines of her blog so I always have to jump to read the rest of it or see her photos. I dont' know why blogger does that to her blog.

Now JB, as you can see from the photo below, my kids sometimes are clothes~less! This photo was taken as we were getting ready for the garage sale (she is wearing some house shoes I have had since I was in middle school! I used to wear them in my classroom when I was a teacher). My kids get hot during nap time and wake up MANY times n*ked! This day, I knew she would get nasty and we were going to a high school football game later that night, and I didn't want to get more dirty. I HATE laundry right now. Our neighbors must talk!

Here is Emaline and Bowden before the high school football game. Much better clothed! Isn't he just a cutie pie! He slept the entire football game in my arms. We had 2 blankets on top of him while I was holding him. MANY people thought I was nursing him on the second row of a high school football game! REALLY! So when it was appropriate, I would try to move him around and show his face without waking him. I joked that next time we visit that stadium there will be signs all around asking for nursing mothers to return to their car to do such things!
Just another post for the garage sale. These WERE NOT sold...but were a huge hit with my kids. They have been hidden in a trunk in the attic. I actually put on the good ol' Raggedy Ann outfit and a car driving by actually stopped at the sight of me in the garage. I just waved, they kept driving! By the way, these were part of my sing song costumes back in the day! I will celebrate 10 years!! I feel old.
Tiffany, I wish you would have found me. I would have loved to have met you. We left kind of quick after the wedding. With the unfortunate delay, we hit a feeding time! Don't feel wierd about approaching people you don't know but 'know' from blog land! I have done it! I think I embarrassed my husband terribly! We were in Cotton Patch and I stared at this girl for ever. I knew her story, so I told my husband...excuse me. I walked up to this 'stranger' and said ..." Excuse me, you don't know me..but I read your blog and know you just moved to this area!" She recognized me too, at atleast my kids. Now we teach next door to each other!

Thank you all for your comments. I will do my best to be a better blogger!!! EVEN with my 3 kids!



4 comments:

Rachel said...

Cute pictures - and I love the new header! I hadn't actually gone to your blog other than in Google reader for a while, so I hadn't seen it. So cute!

Miss G said...

So fun! I have you in my yahoo reader feeds thing and I don't know why but I'm hugely attached to going to the real blog. Anyway, I do read although up till the wedding it was more sparse. Now we'll see what my new blogging patterns are.

I loved Tiffany's comment about seeing you at my wedding. It is SOO much fun to me to see comments on my friends blogs of my other friends making connections with them because of my wedding.

I so wish we had not had the sadly unfortunate delay to the wedding start time so that I could have talked to y'all too!! I remember feeling the fuzz of Bowden's head.

oh, and I opened your present! fun! explanation? Kel

jenny biz said...

3 little cuties!

Laura Drury said...

I've loved catching up on your blog. I also went thru a dry spell on my blog after #3 was born. But now really look forward to my 1-2 posts per week! Your fam is precious.