Wednesday, November 12, 2008

CRAZY





Well, the past few days have just been that! CRAZY! Let me start by say I kind of threw out my back! Yep, crazy. So last week I went to the witch doctor to help. She also noticed that B was still congested (going on 2.5 months). His cure lasted longer than mine. By the time I walked to my car from her office, my back was out of whack again. Bowden's cure....well it lasted  24 hours. Then all the congestion came back. My back is still HURTING and B is still having trouble breathing. He isn't breathing well, which makes his eating irregular, causing HARD nights. On Saturday, I was working on my computer when it restarted on it's own! OH NO! I ran to get my external drive to start backing everything up...I just had an idea something was wrong. After the computer restarted...the screen went black and just kept kind of revving up. It was shot. BACK HURT, NO COMPUTER, CRANKY 4 month old= NO GOOD! My back did well during a session on Sunday, actually was pretty good. Sunday night was AWFUL! Bowden cried ALL night long. Stacey and I were exhausted. I took Bowden to the doctor, and Stacey took my computer to the doctor on Monday. The doctors are stumped. They don't know what is going on with Bowden. They called it chronic congestion, but really, they don't know what is wrong. The congestion isn't in his lungs. It is high, and unreachable! Trust me! I have suctioned that little guys brain out! Nothing. SO, they are going to treat him for reflux for 2 weeks and if that isn't the cure...then they will refer us on to an allergist. Really frustrating. We just want him to feel better. My back still isn't great. BUT....my computer, GONE. Don't worry all of you who might have had photos on my computer! I have them. I have them on my new MAC! Yep! I have a brand new computer because the other one is a shot. My windows operating system...kind of blew up! Way to go VISTA! SO, thanks to my husband, I am learning how to operate this new machine. I am sure I will love it, but right now...not really. SO bare with me as I battle through my new machine! 

The photos are from today. My sweet congested little guy!

12 comments:

Jenna said...

Let us know if you learn to love it. I have been thinking that my next computer needs to be a Mac, but I just don't know.

Kristen OQ said...

Bowden sounds a lot like Seth at the same age. Remind me tomorrow at school and I can tell you what the many doctors told us. Good luck! See you in the morning! Hope your back is feeling better too. When it rains, it seems to pour.

Phillips Family said...

Yuck about the back and the congestion! However, yeah for a new computer!

Hope things start getting better!

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

there is always something, call if you need me! love you!!!

Sarah J. said...

You just reminded me to back-up my laptop! I've also thought of getting a Mac next time around. Did you have to get a new version of PS?

Brooks has been congested for several months as well. They've treated him for a sinus infection twice even though he just has a cough and congestion. Anyway, I hope you get some answers soon. And of course, I hope you both start feeling better as well.

Sarah

Margaret K said...

I ran into a lady at the doctor once who said her son had been congested for a long time and they finally figured out it was a milk allergy. Could that be possible?

I hope your back gets better. I know you must be suffering.

Congrats on the new computer!

daughteroftheking said...

Sorry to hear that little B is not feeling well. When Elijah was a baby he had some problems also and they said that he had reflux and wanted to put him on some strong medicine to treat it. Before I did that I did some research of natural things and I found that sometimes dairy can cause your baby to have reflux symptoms. I cut out almost all of my dairy except for a tiny bit of cheese every now and then and he didn't have anymore problems. This is only if you are breast feeding which I think you are. Anyhow I hope that helps.
Yeah for the new Mac, we just got one about 2 months ago and I am still learning this thing. I am thinking of taking the one on one sessions to learn it more. I love it though! I think this is the longest comment I have ever made!!

Molly Woodall said...

Oh my...I hope your back is lots better. That is a miserable feeling....plus being exhausted, doesn't help at all!
I will say many prayers for everyone in your sweet little family...and as Charline Holmes says "LOUD AND BY NAME"!

Shelly said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Bowden's congestion issues and your BACK! :( I switched to a mac almost a year ago and it took me awhile to get used to it, but now I LOVE it and don't ever want to go back! It did take me awhile to like it though. So hang in there! Hope you get some good rest soon!!

Beck Boys said...

Sounds like Brayson and Bowden have a few things in common. We have fought that congestion thing for quite some time. The doctors finally gave us Ciprodex to put in his nose - it is a ear drop but we used it for the nose. It took a couple three days but it worked and worked well. We were on it for about 3 months and now things are so much better. Good luck, we will be praying for that. I know it is no fun to see your child fighting to breathe. Hope your back gets better too.

Rachel said...

Rough week! I hope both of you are better soon! Love ya!

Miss G said...

I love, love, love my mac!!!! Yep, it takes a little getting used to but I LOVE it. I have had it for about 6 months or so. Hang in there! Kelly